What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Replaced all the valve stem seals on my heads, while the motor was in the car. When I removed the 15th valve spring, it was broken. This was 5:15pm Saturday, all the local stores closed for the holiday weekend.
E201FB83-05D2-427A-B6A2-11A5DDAF872B_zpsuc1sfztt.jpg

Last edited:

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Wow nice lift! I will have one soon. Today I got my ebay order of green grease caps. They also work on bleeder caps. Yes stupid part but still cool to protect the grease fittings. I started my aluminum fan shroud over. I screwed up and said lets make another. ......
So here its bent and edges welded with angle rivited in to add more ridgedness. I know this will be overkill but hey its my car. And while mailing of the swaybar bushings and links I sold on here (thanks again! ) I stopped and picked up some clips and hardware that will attach the shroud to the radiator once my brackets are weld on.
20150908_165651.jpg
20150908_165657.jpg

20150908_204319.jpg

Another cool thing is they come in blue, black, purple, red, green and orange. 50 cost 10 bucks shipped. Took 3days to get em.

Reactions: 1 user

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Finally found where the whistling sound at 2200RPM was coming from. Drove me crazy for months. Sounded like a vacuum leak all this time. Good thing I didn't start tearing the instal apart. Stupid Pump.

Final blocked my doors for the 442. I want to get it painted this fall.

elcoslick33

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2015
SoCaL-AZ
I got me a in better shape crossmember for the new El Camino cause the old one is way to crusty so I cleaned up the new one and gave a fresh coat of paint.
crossmember 1.JPG
crossmember 2.JPG

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
took my GP for a nice cruise tonite down some nice twisty 2 lane roads. With 4 hid's up front the roads and surroundings were nice and bright. When I came across a car doing the speed limit or less I'm not bragging but it takes no time to get around someone or a couple of motorcycles. The car is such a pleasure to drive I am lucky to have it. ...:)

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
got new rear springs yesterday so thats whats going on today, , really trying to decide weather or not i want to take the heater core and all that out, it's not a full race car, and i do like to just cruise with it, nice to have a little heat if needed in the fall witch is just around the corner :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor