What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Too bad you are having such poor luck this year GP !

thanks but it could be worse, I could own a Ford instead...but honestly every challenge creates an opportunity to come up with a solution and those solutions make those challenges worth while

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86regaldrvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
Just come back from a drive around the acreage to check on the wheat harvest....so far so good! The Regal is such a smooth drive after being bounced around in the combine. :)

Back into the shop to finish some housecleaning, at least its still cool in there.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Never got the shakedown done. Something is up with the steering column now-all works great until I stick it back together-something up with the ignition switch rod or follower or something, at any rate going to bench that one and put one of my spares in for now. Going to see if G-boz will ship me a jeep shaft so I can do that upgrade as well. Meantime, I've got some door panels, window sweeps and odds and ends left to do anyways.....really just happy to be this close to driving again after so long!

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
Never got the shakedown done. Something is up with the steering column now-all works great until I stick it back together-something up with the ignition switch rod or follower or something, at any rate going to bench that one and put one of my spares in for now. Going to see if G-boz will ship me a jeep shaft so I can do that upgrade as well. Meantime, I've got some door panels, window sweeps and odds and ends left to do anyways.....really just happy to be this close to driving again after so long!
they have new jeep shafts on ebay new i think they were 102.00 shipped. thats what i am going to go with

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
they have new jeep shafts on ebay new i think they were 102.00 shipped. thats what i am going to go with
I think I got mine from Rock Auto.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
almost got my GP a TKO 500 but it's about 8 hour drive one way in my Jeep and they guy won't take a deposit to hold it for me..at the price he's selling it'll be gone before I get there but then again maybe it's one of those too good to be true bargains and the transmission has issues...:)

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
image.jpeg
Actually finished all this up yesterday, but just got a chance to post today. Finished installing the NX Express 200 shot of spray and tested it along with finally testing and finishing the programming of my Jakes stage 3 4L80E. Using the US Shift programmer set at the factory preset shift firmness=VIOLENT shifts, toned down to a still very hard tire chirping shift into 3rd. Love the trans set up. On spray the street tires don't have a chance of hooking under 60. (In the pic still needed the fuel solenoid connected.)

Reactions: 2 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Last couple days has seen a few more things done.....Reg'd and insured, new column in and hooked up since the jeep shaft is prolly a week away, flushed cooling and new thermo, put in spare mechanical temp gauge cuz I broke the capillary on another one, topped fluids. Also pulled bumper and nose out of the bush and cleaned up and installed.
Pretty much ready to roll save for getting the hood on (never stopped me before lol) and a bunch of little crap-I'm on a roll and driveable but lots left to do.

Goes without saying, I couldn't have done any of this without the information I've been able to find on this site. Thank you to each and every one of you who've shared your knowledge-Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor