What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
. . .now i have to go pickup an engine stand so i can start messing with it..... View attachment 64350

Well, crap, anywhere close to Wichita I'd just let you use mine. But, they can be had pretty cheap anymore if you shop around. Not a bad thing to have around. I've helped a couple of friends rebuild their motors since I did my big block.

Not to thrive on a tangent (cuz I never ever do that) but forgot to mention the reason I was even hauling a 400lb electric motor over 250 miles in the back of a hatchback was because the older brother didn't trust me with his brand new Ford pickup and the utility farm truck was down a cylinder with about 4" of play in the steering so I told the bro "I ain't hauling it in my 67, give me the keys to your car". Hindsight, almost wished I would have taken my Impala fastback. Had air shocks at least and a huge trunk but it was "my baby" . . . POS really, but my first car I pretty much built from the up-ground, you know, completely bassackwards from the way it's supposed to be done?

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well, crap, anywhere close to Wichita I'd just let you use mine. But, they can be had pretty cheap anymore if you shop around. Not a bad thing to have around. I've helped a couple of friends rebuild their motors since I did my big block.

Not to thrive on a tangent (cuz I never ever do that) but forgot to mention the reason I was even hauling a 400lb electric motor over 250 miles in the back of a hatchback was because the older brother didn't trust me with his brand new Ford pickup and the utility farm truck was down a cylinder with about 4" of play in the steering so I told the bro "I ain't hauling it in my 67, give me the keys to your car". Hindsight, almost wished I would have taken my Impala fastback. Had air shocks at least and a huge trunk but it was "my baby" . . . POS really, but my first car I pretty much built from the up-ground, you know, completely bassackwards from the way it's supposed to be done?
No worries, thanks for the offer. My brother n law has a stand at his place, but my dads sbc is occupying it for the time being. Being as busy as my wife and i are right now, i don't get much time to get out there and tinker, so i resort to working on parts and stuff when i can squeeze a few minutes here and there. I figure an engine stand is a good, cheap investment to have around....it will last along time and also allow me to mess with motors at my place when time permits. Add to it that HF has em on sale for $70 before my "super coupon" so it's a no brainer.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Saturday evening I installed the freshly rebuilt (by me) TH350. Installed the over size trans cooler, rerouted the fuel line away from the exhaust manifold and welded on a piece of pipe and a Flowmaster I had laying around. Then I drove the snot out of it!!!!

I made a video of some of the test driving Sunday. Check out my build thread.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/poor-mans-monte-carlo.61240/page-7

It feels so good to finally have the Monte Carlo back on the road!

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Actually....its a freshly built short block. Lighting in my shed sucks! It has a new gm crank, new wrist pins, rod bolts, rings, new bearings throughout. The block was torque plate honed, hot tanked, etc.

The cylinder walls are nice and clean, rotates smoothly, and has zero miles on it. I plan on chasing all the threads, taping it up to avoid nonsense from getting in it, and will get some fresh paint at some point.
You're going to paint it? That's hard to believe. LOL.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Time for an O-ring thermostat housing

thanks for the reminder, I wanted to pick up one of these so I can open the rear coolant outlets near the rear of the intake....

M14599212.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor