What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Wat??? it ain’t raining under the car.
All my jackstands are also tied up under the truck. Ain't bouta die for a treefiddy gasket.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
But if he gets wet walking to the car it's almost like taking a shower
it's the walk in the rain post trans service that is in order as the the atf shower is a good possibility..

Reactions: 1 user

CM1SCW

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2020
Lenoir City,TN
just a few days late, but got the heater core replaced and covers reinstalled and sealed. Wednesday cleaned it up to get ready for the warmer sunny weather. today is not going to be the best cloudy and uppper 50's.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Ah, could be if he happened to park on a slope, or his car is sitting in the lowest place on the driveway, or it was blowing rain instead of just coming straight down.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Purchased & painted a fresh water pump for the car. Had to remove the last of the a/c brackets & clean-up the flanges @ the block so the pump could go on & I dropped the scraper in the process. I went under the car to retrieve it & noticed a large pool of oil under the car on the catch pan. WTH? I know it's a 'leaker' but it's weird that there was that much accumulation for the amount of time the catch pan was under there (since Oct maybe).

Wondering if something was amiss, I opted to skip the water pump install & fire the thing up (it's been idle for a year now). Fired it up but everything seems normal under the car. Let it run for 3-4 mins to generate some heat w/nothing bad under it. Oil level was 1qt low so not sure what to think. I really need to pluck the drive-train to clean & re-gasket all the tins, rear main, & the trans input/output seals. But if I'm plucking that 50k mile 305 something bigger is going in vs just cleaning up a smog motor.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After years of finding either junk or ones with incorrect internal plug connectors I finally have a working CD drive for my Delco radio I bought for the Monte. :banana:
It's nice to use the correct parts to get one of the projects done & functioning.

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took her out for a quick drive Friday before dinner and the rain came, glad I took her home before we went to eat cause it ended up coming down for a while

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Heads up to all of the novices out there - it will start better if you plug in the spark plug wires.

After doing some fuel pump testing, tune loading, of course fuel system leak testing (fixing leaks) I figured ‘why not crank it up and let it fire then I’ll shut it off quick’

1/2 hour later after pondering ‘why won’t it fire’ (and checking EVERYTHING except the obvious) I looks at the plugs - oogh, I bet it’ll work better with these things plugged in.

Wow, sometimes I wonder how I managed to make it from bed, to work and then back home without life threatening mayhem.

I like when I have those moments. They remind me that I'm not as smart as I think I am lol.

• Agree

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Motor mounts are done. Tips for the Umi mounts. I used a step bit to over size the block side plate just one side. Then install the whole mount to the block and lower down to the frame. The frame side has more adjustment to it. Also use a box end wrench with tape over one side to fish the top two bolts in. 037A68C1-8214-43C4-9D3C-97723A2F61E5.jpeg 23C29764-7E15-4568-8D92-4B01275C200E.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor