What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Where was that picture taken? That Skytrak is either rented from my employer or bought from them.
East side of DSM by the napa warehouse

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Figured out why the backup cam wasn't working, turns out the reverse lights were also out since the wire came out on the ground to the switch I installed. I am sure it was when I got annoyed with the center console side piece coming apart and decided to give it swift kick to pass along my displeasure. Got it working but didn't feel like fighting with the sides of the center console while cramped in my garage. Hopefully I will get it down the shop one of these days to wire up and install the power mirrors and do it at the same time. Still kicking around installing a new popper system since mine is bound to stop working at the worst time
20220331_193212.jpg
20220331_193321.jpg
20220331_193836.jpg

While I was at it, this has started to come loose on both sides and is really annoying. I am guessing it is the wrong size screw, what size is it really supposed to be?
20220331_193936.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
While I was at it, this has started to come loose on both sides and is really annoying. I am guessing it is the wrong size screw, what size is it really supposed to be?
It looks like it's the right size. Most likely the screw holes might need to be delt with as over ther years they sloppy loose just like a cheap woman. I've used light thread locker to hold them in.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It looks like it's the right size. Most likely the screw holes might need to be delt with as over ther years they sloppy loose just like a cheap woman. I've used light thread locker to hold them in.
Appreciate it, had a feeling you would be the one responding hahaha. Good thinking, I will wait until I do the power mirrors then

Reactions: 1 user

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Figured out why the backup cam wasn't working, turns out the reverse lights were also out since the wire came out on the ground to the switch I installed. I am sure it was when I got annoyed with the center console side piece coming apart and decided to give it swift kick to pass along my displeasure. Got it working but didn't feel like fighting with the sides of the center console while cramped in my garage. Hopefully I will get it down the shop one of these days to wire up and install the power mirrors and do it at the same time. Still kicking around installing a new popper system since mine is bound to stop working at the worst time
View attachment 195589 View attachment 195588 View attachment 195587

View attachment 195586
I have four of the correct screws if interested

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do yourself a favour and don’t use those pull straps to close the doors. The screws that hold them to the doors just self thread into single layer sheet metal and pull out quite easily over time as you’ve just found.
Use the recess in the arm rest, it’s much stronger. You can reuse the original screws but you’re going to have to repair the threads where they’ve pulled out.

Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not only that but those cute little snap in escutcheon plates that cover up those screws are only held in by small square tabs that die and break off, RIGHT NOW!!

Nick

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I didn't do anything to my Gbody, but I spotted a fellow G-Body at the intersection with his hazard lights on. Pulled over at the gas station and helped him push it to safety. I don't know why he wanted to push it across the intersection instead of into the gas station directly to the right, but I ignored his request and took command of the situation lol. HIs buddy pulled up, thanked me, and tried to give me $20 for helping, but I said no...it's cool, and he shoved it in my hoodie pocket anyway lol.

20220401_172221.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Do yourself a favour and don’t use those pull straps to close the doors. The screws that hold them to the doors just self thread into single layer sheet metal and pull out quite easily over time as you’ve just found.
Use the recess in the arm rest, it’s much stronger. You can reuse the original screws but you’re going to have to repair the threads where they’ve pulled out.
Yeah, honestly I usually have the windows down so I actually just pull the door shut with the outside of the door. I believe a buddy I let drive may have pulled it with that though
Not only that but those cute little snap in escutcheon plates that cover up those screws are only held in by small square tabs that die and break off, RIGHT NOW!!

Nick
You're preaching to the chior, although I did get lucky. When I opened the door at the shop it fell off and I looked around for it for a while but couldn't find it. A few weeks later found it out there looking like this. Still haven't got around to fixing it back up yet
20220404_103036.jpg

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Was cleaning the garage and realized I had most of the hardware to mount the Jack in the stock position. Had to run to Ace to get the wingnuts but otherwise it was all there.

C74B2457-86CF-4D0A-BC85-0A819CF0233B.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor