What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

So once about a year ago, I was on a run from here to elsewhere when I stopped at the Harbor Freight Store. I had been there once or twice in the past and had some idea of what they stocked as well as idea for what I needed. Summarily I was able to score a Chicago Electric Stud pin welder for doing small dent pull out work. Good price and decent looking tool when i unpacked it but.................................................BIG BUTT......................

When I got it home, because it was a new tool and one that I had never worked with before, before I go silly with it, I took a minute and went through the instruction and service manual for it. All seemed okay until I got to the electrical precautions and there in black on white was the WARNING!! "DO NOT USE THIS TOOL IF YOU ARE WEARING OR USING A PACEMAKER."

Full Stop. So I both phoned Harbor Freight and e-mailed them at various addresses and because it had been a month since I had purchased the tool I pretty much got told that I had had to bring it back before then or I could not return it. OH? Try me.

This year, almost to the day, i walked back into that store and the tool walked back in with me. This time either the manager or a senior staff member was at the till and after a very brief conversation in which I pointed out that there had been NO Warning Label or other notice applied to the outer box lid, and that the tool was intact, which they verified, he calmly and promptly refunded my cash.

So I turned around and headed for the air tool rack and scored one of those micro belt sanders for use in tight spaces and just tried it out today on that A-pillar patch panel that I harvested a few months back. Beautiful. Easy to handle and maneuver. Lots of spin and worked well in the tight curves and corners. I was able to work the complete back side of the panel and remove rust and scale that would have been a pain to deal with using a wire wheel or flap wheel.

The panel has now had its first coat of RustMort and is drying. No paint shots today, the humidity is in the 80th+ percentile and it just rained. Did get some more tweaking and banging done on the duct cover so that goes for primer again tomorrow. i might just get somewhere with all this yet.

Nick

I appreciate the sentiment guys. As much as it sucks, in the end, it's only a car. Granted, it's been a 'forever' project I'd put away nearly 2 decades ago to get around to someday and still was a solid 7/10 car as it sat, but it's only a car.

Maybe it's a resigned nature these days with life, maybe I'm just tired out. Or, could be wisdom setting in. Who knows.

In the end, it's not worth an altercation that could turn dangerous, or, leave someone with an arrest. Problem with being from out of the area you also never know what 'connections' people have. I e experienced the insider thing in rural areas with law enforcement before.

Someday I'll get another one. It probably won't be as nice, or as bone stock original. But someday it can be replaced.
if you have the VIN or title, you can always file a stolen vehicle report

if you have the VIN or title, you can always file a stolen vehicle report
Well... that's the kicker. I *do* have it, just not readily on-hand. The title is sitting in the warehouse in massachusetts. I never move cars and titles together for security reasons, but, hadn't been back out that way yet.

My next oncology visit up north was set for August, but, with the wife fiasco, that is now in some doubt.

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
What storage facility? I swear I just wanna talk to them.
Talk? Yeah, right, with a couple of hungry lawyers either needing alimony for their ex wives or new roofs for their cottages off in the tullies right beside you with the papers!! These guys are that flakey then high odds they owe back taxes at one level or the other. Outstanding property taxes over more than a year is one way to take them over. Pay the debt and demand the title. They be cash poor and hungry enough you could end up owning a storage business and a couple of fat bank accounts. Might not get the car back in the short term but could give you a line as to who copped it and where it went. Trails a trail.

Nick

The SpoolFool bumper filler is in (minor custom fitting) , the rear seats and molding are in for the final time I hope (working around the cage sucks), and the grill is fitted around the intercooler.

Still waiting on some small pieces of hardware and then it will finally be ready for a test drive.

And yes, North Carolina plate in NY. IMG_2879.jpegIMG_2880.jpegIMG_2881.jpeg

Hopefully the ‘fast couch’ will be on the road soon.

Weird things
Engine would randomly stall out and dies, running a stock style HEI distributor with tach hooked, disconnect the tach, engine runs,
Pulled cap, found engine oil inside the cap. Getting a new one tomorrow under warranty
Swapped in new HEI distributor, lower have since cap/rotor/coil are new.
Was Able to lower idle to 450rpm.
Set timing at 22°
Went to connect tach signal wire, hard short and tried to die, only place I haven't checked wire for bare spots is the dash behind the gauges, tach is an auto meter that I put in back in '03
Have MSD 8225 coil in the HEI cap.
Worse case, I'll drive with no tach 😂

Took a page out of D’s book to start wet sanding the nose and masked off the body lines so I don’t botch this:
418A5806-5A82-4D8E-BEF7-A2F3E24D2F44.jpeg

I could’ve sworn I had a pack of the cheaper 2000 and 2500 grit sand paper left but no, I’ve got 5 packs of 1500 somehow 🤣

Guess I’m biting the bullet and grabbing some 2000 and 2500 grit after work tomorrow.

(Realized I had this in the wrong thread)

So what ever happened to your other project??

Nick
Are you asking me that? Damn, I have too many projects and can’t stop looking for the next one lol.

Seriously, me?

Reactions: Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor