What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well I never thought I'd be a daily driver pickup driver but I guess I'm one of those people.

Been passively looking for a Rainier replacement for the last few years and actively for a few months. It runs fine but the frame rot has gotten bad enough I don't feel comfortable towing with, needs tires and gets the random heeby jeebies over bumps and turns.

Swore off dodge since my Durango a few years ago
Didn't like the yukons
Sierras were decent
But the visibility of the f150 won out.

Found this '2002 spec' 18 5.0 10 speed ext cab, bench, XLT 302a so lariat style heated power seats and bigger radio screen. 48k miles. Shockingly still has 10k on the Ford power train warranty which was unexpected to me, never thought I'd have something with a warranty. Usually I am the warranty.

It's more $$ than I wanted to spend but it's newer, lower miles and basically exactly what I wanted so grumble grumble I guess. Seems like 18-19's dont have that much $$ premium over the 15-17 and really wanted the 10 speed and the 18-19 front end looks better with the STX grill.

Wanted a blue or red but this one is silver which I'm ok with. At least it's not white!! Tried finding a salvage auction one but this spec is really hard to find and they get fixed instead of going to auction.

It got 21mpg driving the 220 miles back from Sioux Falls SD at 70-80mph, not bad for a brick with 395hp. We will see what the commute to work settles in at.

It needs a few things in the next year once I replenish the slush fund. I'd like to throw a set of lowering shackles on the rear to pull the stinkbug stance all these new pickups have. I want to find an STX mesh grill since the chrome XLT one is pretty ugly in my opinion. I'd also like to put some leather seats in because they seem to last longer than fabric and they're easier to clean.

Hopefully it gets me 10 years.

First dealer experience. Only vehicle I've ever bought that was able to be driven home with no work was my wagon!

Strange world I'm living in.
PXL_20220910_223737932.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well I never thought I'd be a daily driver pickup driver but I guess I'm one of those people.

Been passively looking for a Rainier replacement for the last few years and actively for a few months. It runs fine but the frame rot has gotten bad enough I don't feel comfortable towing with, needs tires and gets the random heeby jeebies over bumps and turns.

Swore off dodge since my Durango a few years ago
Didn't like the yukons
Sierras were decent
But the visibility of the f150 won out.

Found this '2002 spec' 18 5.0 10 speed ext cab, bench, XLT 302a so lariat style heated power seats and bigger radio screen. 48k miles. Shockingly still has 10k on the Ford power train warranty which was unexpected to me, never thought I'd have something with a warranty. Usually I am the warranty.

It's more $$ than I wanted to spend but it's newer, lower miles and basically exactly what I wanted so grumble grumble I guess. Seems like 18-19's dont have that much $$ premium over the 15-17 and really wanted the 10 speed and the 18-19 front end looks better with the STX grill.

Wanted a blue or red but this one is silver which I'm ok with. At least it's not white!! Tried finding a salvage auction one but this spec is really hard to find and they get fixed instead of going to auction.

It got 21mpg driving the 220 miles back from Sioux Falls SD at 70-80mph, not bad for a brick with 395hp. We will see what the commute to work settles in at.

It needs a few things in the next year once I replenish the slush fund. I'd like to throw a set of lowering shackles on the rear to pull the stinkbug stance all these new pickups have. I want to find an STX mesh grill since the chrome XLT one is pretty ugly in my opinion. I'd also like to put some leather seats in because they seem to last longer than fabric and they're easier to clean.

Hopefully it gets me 10 years.

First dealer experience. Only vehicle I've ever bought that was able to be driven home with no work was my wagon!

Strange world I'm living in.
View attachment 206626

Don't lower the back, raise the front and get some 33s on there.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Don't lower the back, raise the front and get some 33s on there.

I want to get the tailgate closer to the ground so it's easier to toss transmissions and stuff in the box rather than make it harder :p

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor