What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Building engine mounts to do a SBC in Mercury, these things are tight for space if they are factory frame so the 455 was set to the side.

Also received this into the fold two weeks ago

Reactions: 7 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Clutch , was wondering how the truck has been treating you? I've followed along and feel a little vested into it

Hope it keeps getting a little better as you go! You deserve it!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Frigging sweet! Just took mine on a 1000+ mile round trip up to the tip of the Michigan mitten. Ran flawlessly and averaged 21.5 MPG with my foot a bit heavy on the pedal. My passenger daily's a GMT900 Sierra 1500 and couldn't believe how quiet and smooth it was compared to his truck.

Yeah visibility, comfort (knee/leg room) and sound level is a big win on these newer pick-ups. Nobody makes a full size sedan anymore, pickups are it.

I get a little harshness over roads that have a lot of bumps from the rear, but I have zero tools in the back and I don't know what shocks it has so I'm going to wait before I judge.

Smoother/quieter than my Rainier. On par with wife's fusion.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah visibility, comfort (knee/leg room) and sound level is a big win on these newer pick-ups. Nobody makes a full size sedan anymore, pickups are it.

I get a little harshness over roads that have a lot of bumps from the rear, but I have zero tools in the back and I don't know what shocks it has so I'm going to wait before I judge.

Smoother/quieter than my Rainier. On par with wife's fusion.
You do know these F150's are a gateway drug to chainsaws & lawn tractors.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You do know these F150's are a gateway drug to chainsaws & lawn tractors.
You mean once you've got a truck that can reliably tow tractors and haul logs better than the ls-junk gm offers these days you're more likely to engage in the pursuits?

I guess I could see that. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Building engine mounts to do a SBC in Mercury, these things are tight for space if they are factory frame so the 455 was set to the side.

Also received this into the fold two weeks ago

a shortbed single cab dually?can't remember ever seeing one of those. and with a ZZTop paint job!

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
and save fuel with AFM....dangit, getting knocking noises from the AFM going out again! GM STILL hasn't fixed that issue
My post was in regards to people thinking a half ton truck can do what diesel trucks do. Then again being that hard up about what exists out there in the world and getting in your feels skewers your logical thoughts. :)

Older non AFM LS Engines are working fine. Sounds like you might need to write GM corporate if you have a complaint, or do what some do and swap it out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor