What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yup most don't know about it, and when you drop the pan replace the O-Ring on the pickup tube with a new red one, put it back together. Did that with my truck at the 180K mark because it needed a new pan gasket. Oil Pressure cold is 60+psi, hot is around 50psi idle, that's now at 198k miles.

You gen3 had it?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Are floor mats a mod?

No, they aren't.

It's been a total of 2 days that the new eff-one-fiddy has been in my possession and I've been scrolling FB for stuff.

Stumbled on a set of Ex cab bench weather tech floor mats for 1/3 the price of new and snapped them up.

Pretty low take rate since most are console/quad cabs so couldn't resist. Wife's fusion has had them for the whole ownership and they make cleanup a lot better in the winter.

Next up I think I'll pull the rear lift blocks out of the leafs and try to level the thing out a bit.

PXL_20220913_014155143.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You gen3 had it?
No, talking about doing the red O-Ring, I did that when I did a pan gasket.

I keep a couple extra.
20220912_212950.jpg

I recently saw a YouTube where a DOD delete was done and he pulled the relief valve and put a plug in it. It was the first time I saw that. Ignorance is bliss, I guess?
Yup not a bunch out there on it, I learned about it back in 2014 or so when I started fixing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Are floor mats a mod?

No, they aren't.

It's been a total of 2 days that the new eff-one-fiddy has been in my possession and I've been scrolling FB for stuff.

Stumbled on a set of Ex cab bench weather tech floor mats for 1/3 the price of new and snapped them up.

Pretty low take rate since most are console/quad cabs so couldn't resist. Wife's fusion has had them for the whole ownership and they make cleanup a lot better in the winter.

Next up I think I'll pull the rear lift blocks out of the leafs and try to level the thing out a bit.

View attachment 206737

I have the same ones in my truck, mine also has a jump seat. I love the mats, the carpets look new underneath.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
All I can say to that is I'm jealous, and, sorta need the same type of thing for now. I've decided tonight were going to be moving again as soon as I can pull it together, but, who knows how long that would take.

Don't get too jealous, I haven't looked at it closely yet. I might've stole it or there could be a reason it was so cheap that I don't know about. All I have done with it so far is run it in a small circle and turn the blades on and off, then drove it in and out of the truck. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Don't get too jealous, I haven't looked at it closely yet. I might've stole it or there could be a reason it was so cheap that I don't know about. All I have done with it so far is run it in a small circle and turn the blades on and off, then drove it in and out of the truck. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow.
It runs. Its got a good battery ($20), tires ($50), bagger ($100). Engjne/deck are worth extra and you're already in profit if something hidden isn't worth the effort to fix.

But, of the bagger side of things does work, it's a big win to not deal with the piles of junk in the yard

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Tonight after work I went to EJ's shop and did a little more work on my truck. New Bilstein rear shocks and steering stabilizer. I also figured out how I wanted to wire the lights in the gauges and did it. The old rear shocks were completely shot and it never had the steering stabilizer so driving it home was like I bought a different truck. It's so much nicer to drive now the difference is unbelievable. I still haven't got together with the tuner yet but I hope to this week. The torsion bar crossmember bushings haven't come in yet but I'm thinking when they do that should fix the last of the clunks and bangs in the suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Well that's the thing tho, still going to bleed off at 55psi regardless of what's going on. I've got 60psi at the gauge from the sensor on a cold start on a 198k LQ4, and lifters are quiet. Not saying the sensor or gauge is accurate, but almost 200k non-AFM engine that's nice and quiet speaks for itself.
ok, now the both of you have lost me on this. you got a link to this "remove relief valve in oil pan" that I can read/watch?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
ok, now the both of you have lost me on this. you got a link to this "remove relief valve in oil pan" that I can read/watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor