What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
and save fuel with AFM....dangit, getting knocking noises from the AFM going out again! GM STILL hasn't fixed that issue

Just unplug the MAP sensor on the brake booster and you'll always have all the bald eagles at your disposal. Also helps turn the oil consumption into something sane.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Just unplug the MAP sensor on the brake booster and you'll always have all the bald eagles at your disposal. Also helps turn the oil consumption into something sane.
Speaking of oil, that's a thing that has me wondering with the AFM. There's a 55 psi relief valve in the oil pan on those engines, delete the relief and let the oil pump control it..🤔

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Speaking of oil, that's a thing that has me wondering with the AFM. There's a 55 psi relief valve in the oil pan on those engines, delete the relief and let the oil pump control it..🤔

That's a topic of debate. I think the extra relief helps exhaust the excess oil that the AFM pump needlessly produces when not AFM-ing. Either way, I need to put that baffle over top of that pan valve so it quits spraying the pistons which causes the rings to stick.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
a shortbed single cab dually?can't remember ever seeing one of those. and with a ZZTop paint job!
That's an 8 ft bed. You're seeing less bedside because of the fiberglass fender on the outside of the box

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That's a topic of debate. I think the extra relief helps exhaust the excess oil that the AFM pump needlessly produces when not AFM-ing. Either way, I need to put that baffle over top of that pan valve so it quits spraying the pistons which causes the rings to stick.
Well that's the thing tho, still going to bleed off at 55psi regardless of what's going on. I've got 60psi at the gauge from the sensor on a cold start on a 198k LQ4, and lifters are quiet. Not saying the sensor or gauge is accurate, but almost 200k non-AFM engine that's nice and quiet speaks for itself.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
That's an 8 ft bed. You're seeing less bedside because of the fiberglass fender on the outside of the box
close one eye, put my thumb over the fglass feder....stillseems like 6.6" to me. must be the angle

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
close one eye, put my thumb over the fglass feder....stillseems like 6.6" to me. must be the angle
Maybe.

This is what a dually bed fender overlay on an 8 foot bed looks like. Takes up a bunch of the real estate you normally associate with the long bed, much more than just the wheel arch inside the bed covers.

1662965652628.png

Of course one of the best ways to tell that an angle cant rob you of is how far the fuel door is away from the cab. A short bed square fuel door will be equally spaced between cab and wheelwell and take up 1/3 of that space. Long bed with a square fuel door will have the door closer to the wheelwell than the cab on the face of the bedside. By more than 2:1

Last edited:

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The dually in Wraiths post is def an OE long bed & OG style graphics.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well that's the thing tho, still going to bleed off at 55psi regardless of what's going on. I've got 60psi at the gauge from the sensor on a cold start on a 198k LQ4, and lifters are quiet. Not saying the sensor or gauge is accurate, but almost 200k non-AFM engine that's nice and quiet speaks for itself.

Right, but does one bleed flow enough with the AFM pump? I've seen both ways, thinking I'll just leave it as delivered but add the baffle in.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Right, but does one bleed flow enough with the AFM pump? I've seen both ways, thinking I'll just leave it as delivered but add the baffle in.
Yea, if I had one I'd want to try what I'm thinking. That relief was in the oil pan above the oil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor