BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Sports-wars..jpg

Reactions: Injectedcutty
Woohoo!!!! I was able to get to my bodyguy's house just in time today after work to see a long awaited hope....painted jambs!!!!! Door jambs, underside of trunk and trunk surround area, mirrors, and a few other parts are done. Im super happy with the look of my chosen color. In different light it looks different, and it will look completely sinister once the whole car gets painted! Enough excited jabber, i will let the pics do the rest!!!!
20161123_144516.jpg
20161123_151045.jpg
20161123_150926.jpg
20161123_145246.jpg
20161123_145324.jpg
20161123_150725.jpg

Hell yeah! I like that color. You're getting closer to final paint. Have you got the paint booth situation figured out yet?

Damn. That's pretty!

Hell yeah! I like that color. You're getting closer to final paint. Have you got the paint booth situation figured out yet?
Getting closer for sure...the guy with the booth is waiting on an electrician to come wire it up for lightning, compressor, etc. Definitely have plenty to keep me busy with bolting it back together and getting the gaps lined out, a boatload of taping and sanding. Hopefully the booth will be ready when we get somewhat assembled.
Thanks, i love this color since i first saw it. I've always liked charcoal metallics, its a color that i feel is timeless and won't look dated a decade from now.

Getting closer for sure...the guy with the booth is waiting on an electrician to come wire it up for lightning, compressor, etc. Definitely have plenty to keep me busy with bolting it back together and getting the gaps lined out, a boatload of taping and sanding. Hopefully the booth will be ready when we get somewhat assembled.
Thanks, i love this color since i first saw it. I've always liked charcoal metallics, its a color that i feel is timeless and won't look dated a decade from now.

I agree, this color should last through all the trends. I like how it looks gray in bright light and almost black in shadows.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
I agree, this color should last through all the trends. I like how it looks gray in bright light and almost black in shadows.
That's one of the things that sold me on this color when i saw it on a certain car. It looks completely different in direct light and in the dark! At night it will look like black metallic, but when the suns hit it the car will highlight in the high spots.

Looking great Scott!

Like the other guys, I love the color. Totally agree on the color looking timeless. Nothing worse than being able to date a car by the build style or colors used during that period (pastels on street rods from the eighties anyone?)

You're definitely at a milestone moment, times like this for you are excellent motivators to rekindle enthusiasm and keep you rocking along!

Keep up the great work and of course, keep us all posted on the progress. Looking forward to more pics of the overall car when you get a chance!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor