BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

After looking at the pics, the gaps look huge....but i assure its a mind trick from the jambs being painted and the contrast with the primer lol! I'm gonna have to play with the jeep hood spring that Jim led me to. It's just a little weak on popping the hood enough to lift it...I'm gonna add some spacers probably and see if that helps the tension.
20161125_165944.jpg
20161125_170533.jpg

Yeah there was a gun issue, hence the runs, but luckily the jambs look great! Obviously that will be fixed but this pic shows the gaps a little better i think.

No super updates, but was able to salvage the 30 year old window trim plastic inserts and after a bath they actually looked new! Put them back onto the powdercoated trim, wrapped the trim back up in plastic, and safely stored again until post paint assembly begins.
Also got my grilles and bezels cleaned up and close to ready for being blacked out. Win win for me and the wife....she wanted the tub cleaned so i used it to scrub the muck from sanding off the pieces, then cleaned up the tub....now i think about it i think i somewhat lost but got some brownie points lol!
Hope to do a final wipedown on them soon and get em sprayed on the next warm enough day which are getting to be seldom here in KY.
20161127_175100.jpg

Hope to do a final wipedown on them soon and get em sprayed on the next warm enough day which are getting to be seldom here in KY.

How warm does it need to be to spray that black? The forecast I saw said it's supposed to be around 60 Tuesday.

How warm does it need to be to spray that black? The forecast I saw said it's supposed to be around 60 Tuesday.
Yeah 60 is about the bottom....ideally around 70 and low humidity for the adhesion promoter, then sem trim black. Tuesday looks like my last outdoor chance for spraying....worst case scenario i take everything to my brother n laws garage and spray there. We try not to spray in the shop, but its climate controlled. Fingers crossed if i can get off early enough tuesday to run home and spray.

I was able to get home early enough before the temp starts to drop today....cleaned the grilles and bezels and got the backsides of them treated to adhesion promotor and SEM trim black! Actually got the paint to stick this time lol! I will let these cure for a couple days, then put the grilles back into the bezels, clean the front sides again, and paint them. They should look pretty good once finished....keeping my fingers crossed!
20161129_170642.jpg
20161129_171018.jpg

Hell yeah. Looking good. I guess it did get warm enough to spray a little paint today.
Literally just warm enough, gauge was reading 67 when i got home....no joke i was friggin hustling. I wanted to paint them assembled, but since on the euro frontend the grille sits in the bezel, i essentially had to jamb them that way there are no missed spots once put together.

Looks great! Love the color, I am partial to Grey's also. I also like the hardware on the fenders to core support, I was thinking of going that route. Hopefully you get the hood spring worked out.:-[

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor