Easier EFI Fuel pump set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
So I was looking at the FItech website (really considering going that route) and I came across this. I have the Gn tank a new sending unit, and regulator all I need is a pump and lines, so I probably wouldnt go this route at this point. but I figured Id post it for other guys. If your swapping from carb to efi, figure a tank, sending unit, fuel pump and all the work this is a good alternative I think.

http://fitechefi.com/products/40003/

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
When I asked Fitech about that vs. an efi tank they recommended an efi tank if it is available for your car. I went efi tank myself. I didn't want any clutter in th engine bay. But it is a great alternative though.

Also a regulator is not necessary for the fitech since it has one built in. It would hurt if you are looking for more accuracy.

Reactions: 1 user

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
How well is the Fitech working for you? I have such a mixed and matched set up that Im really considering that for my ls swap. Itll actually cost me about the same as going with a factory ecu but with a hell of alot less headache.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Awsome. I'm pretty much decided that's the way I'm going. In order for my set up to work I have to mix and match 58 tooth engine with cable throttle body, plus tuning on a dyno, getting sensors, having a harness made. It just seems like too much for me. I can just get a dual plain intake with the msd for the 58 tooth and the fitech. Also the ease of being able to change your set up and not have t dyno it over and over as you modify things. Seems worth it in my case atleast. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The factory GN tank could use some help for a car that turns. It really needs some better baffling to keep fuel on the pump inlet at high G's with less than 1/2 a tank of gas onboard.

My dad just put a new G-body parts tank and pump in my T-type (the pump was 22 years old (the original only lasted 9) and the original tank got dented when the car broke the rear wheel studs last summer) and I didn't get to see what the baffling looked like... but if it still starves on on ramps I'm going to look for a better baffling solution.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
If it was a factory tank I would be curious to know if the original baffle failed. Ive heard that the original baffles come apart from the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor