thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respected_Cutlass

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2009
My first car was a 92 Dodge Shadow ES and it was a straight pot head(head gasket issue on the 3.0). The longer the idle the bigger the smoke bomb at take off. Sometimes so thick you look back and cannot see past it. That car was pretty damn fast though. Blue hood, custom stripe on it, green pass fender, black front bumper, white driverside fender. The roof was sprayed painted gold and all black tints. People hated me for that car. The torque was amazingly shocking. Good tire burner for 5 seconds with only pedal. Acceleration was amazing too. Got a speeding ticket going at 115mph and got rid of it. That was one car I floored everytime I got in it. 50,000 miles later and never had a problem. The previous owner messed with something in the computer. I'm not sure what, maybe ratios or timing or something.

Went from that to a blk 99 cavalier, didn't mod anything on that either. Small *ss cars, got a 91 firebird next but it only had the V6. So grabbed a 5.0 90 town car, hell that ship was the cleanest one u seen but never taught me the powers of a V8. 92 4.9 deville, you wanna talk about torque and pick up? That car was perfect but had an issue with something because it hesitated so I never got to push it. 350 vortec 96 1500, I dunno won't show much power for it being an extended-cab truck, i guess. Now I gotta fresh 350 motor in my 82 Regal, can only hope it will be a new experience. Next car = 3000GT or 4th gen camaro/firebird

georgeathtx

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2010
Houston, TX
although some of the things that were mentioned are true...alot of them are out dated...
its funny how guys think that 4 cylinder motors cant make power...
its people like that that get whoped by 450 horsepower 4 cylender nissans, subaru's, evos, etc...
ive seen this happen so manny times when i used to go to the track in los angeles...
im jus sayin...dont underestimate imports

heres a couple of pics of 1000+ horsepower nissans
look em up on you tube(jun super lemon)
lemon2.jpg

Lemon.jpg

B-DUB

n00b
Jan 22, 2010
your forgeting that ricers are people who dont know what their doin with their own cars,..adding a body kit for nothing,a hood scoop ,a spoiler,lookin like their about to go flying,.lol,,,with like 3 different types of paintjobs,added with some flames,theres no need for all that...now jdm,...is a clean simple look,..usualy worrying more about the the motors,...even tho im into muscle ,like that guy up there said,dont underestimate tuners,,,now picture this,...a lil 4 banger k20 motor hatchback,super lightweight,a good amount of power right there,...or a k24 motor with a crv suspension all wheel drive civic,or integ...sr20 240 able to do turns like nothing,...

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
georgeathtx said:
although some of the things that were mentioned are true...alot of them are out dated...
its funny how guys think that 4 cylinder motors cant make power...
its people like that that get whoped by 450 horsepower 4 cylender nissans, subaru's, evos, etc...
ive seen this happen so manny times when i used to go to the track in los angeles...
im jus sayin...dont underestimate imports

heres a couple of pics of 1000+ horsepower nissans
look em up on you tube(jun super lemon)
lemon2.jpg

Lemon.jpg

Don't those Nissan's have inline six engines? Subaru's aren't 4 bangers either, boxer 6's. Just sayin :mrgreen:

I think most people don't doubt that imports are capable of making power, it's just all of the dumb asses that think there Honda is crazy fast just because of a fart can and intake that give imports a bad name. It doesn't just apply to imports, people think just because their 307 is a V8, it can easily be made fast :lol:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
My dad had a buddy that past away and his wife still has the original 280zx sitting in the back yard covered up. This thing has a black paint job, t-tops, tan leather interior, inline 6 with twin turbos, and 6000 factory miles. Next to that is an 84' jaguar with a 305 chevy and an original 84' jaguar next to that one.

In all honesty, I cannot stand ricers as they make my age group and generation look stupid. I don't knock the subaru's or other high end imports, but any kid who is driving a car like that, that is 19 like me, just has momma's sugar t*tty popped in their mouth. That probably pisses me off more is seeing kids driving dressed up, high end cars and you ask them what all they've done to it and their response is "Idk my parents got it for me".

I've had plenty of ricers come alongside my bu trying to race me in 4 door honda accords with 4 skinny guys and 1 fat guy in the car. I just laughed cause he couldn't break 75 with it. But most of the other times, these guys don't want to race in a straight line and want to race on curvy roads thinking that my malibu won't keep up in the handling department. What they don't know is I built the car to go in a straight line, but also handle corners better than a vette. Needless to say, I've left a lot of ricers with their jaws dropped wondering how the hell I outhandled their lightweight cereal box cars.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
dan2286 said:
Subaru's aren't 4 bangers either, boxer 6's. Just sayin :mrgreen:
Then what's this? Basically the same engine they've put into Subarus the past 20 years.
Long%20block%20EJ25.jpg

Respected_Cutlass

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2009
And those pics don't do these cars justice. Forget the stickers and yada yada.

3000GT.jpg

l_12479cd074261a910c75767e7557f956.jpg

Sry, thats all that is sexy and I dont even care for the MR2 but it is has the engine in the back with a turbo and is small as hell... Speed? I think so...

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Doober said:
dan2286 said:
Then what's this? Basically the same engine they've put into Subarus the past 20 years.
Long%20block%20EJ25.jpg

My mistake :oops:

Tail_Lights_Fade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
Downers Grove, Illinois
Doober said:
dan2286 said:
Long%20block%20EJ25.jpg

I love these. I've owned two of them and they are great engines. Also, they're one of the few 4 cylinder engines that doesn't sound like a weed wacker when you put an aftermarket exhaust on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor