thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Yeah, flat 4s have a sound all their own 8) I still may own me a turbo Subie someday.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Tail_Lights_Fade said:
Doober said:
dan2286 said:
Subaru's aren't 4 bangers either, boxer 6's. Just sayin :mrgreen:
Then what's this? Basically the same engine they've put into Subarus the past 20 years.
Long%20block%20EJ25.jpg

I love these. I've owned two of them and they are great engines. Also, they're one of the few 4 cylinder engines that doesn't sound like a weed wacker when you put an aftermarket exhaust on them.

wasn't the SVX and XT the only suby's to get the pancake 6? always wanted one of those... drove an awd svx model years ago, and fell in love wih it..

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
today,i saw a scion with F*** mustangs on the top of the front window,and it had the usual fart muffler.All i can say is that thing better have some serious rice to run with any mustang.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Scion's a poser car far as I've ever seen. Not a bad lookin' car, but I wouldn't own one, not from my experience.

A buddy & I went for a drive in one. A guy in a mid '90s SSEi (s/c 3800) Bonneville pulled up next to us at the light, with his wife in the passenger seat and 2 kids in the back, then proceeded to blow us away.

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
Had a 87 sube put a glass pack on it and I thought it was cool but when you made 5 dollers an hour any thing different is cool :lol:

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
my exhaust on my Accord sounds awesome and throaty when its about 80+ degrees outside. Unfortunely when it gets cooler I get that nice ricer buzz from the exhaust. It may just be the fact I need another resonator where the cat used to be...at least I have real performance parts on the car, like an aftermarket cam

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
1986elcamino383 said:
Had a 87 sube put a glass pack on it and I thought it was cool but when you made 5 dollers an hour any thing different is cool :lol:
'87... Subie? As in Subaru? Those have a note all their own, and sound good & throaty even though most are 4-bangers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor