What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed my grilles and front clip prepairing to replace the motor, hopefully before the good weather is gone and it gets too hot.

What did I do to my G-Body today? I missed it, got nostalgic, and registered here.

I had a Claret Red (inside and out) 1980 Cutlass Calais with the gray version of the Hurst/Olds rims. My friends called it "The Gutless" because she was powered by the Buick V6 and the rear was stuffed with 2.41 gears. But man would she go forever on a tank of gas. She blew a brake line a year or so after I graduated high-school and I parked her...for seven years. By that time, I had a family of my own, no time or money to invest in getting her roadworthy again, and parents who were on me to get it out of their driveway. So I ended up selling her for 200 bucks to a hot rod builder who only wanted her for the front of her frame. :blam: But after explaining the scarcity of the rims, the body style and the Calais trim, the guy began contemplating putting the 425 Olds he had laying around in it, spraying some paint on it, and driving it. I've hoped ever since the day I watched her drive away on the back of that roll-back truck that he decided to fix and drive her, and that I'd someday be able to buy her back. But I have a feeling he decided to take her frame and scrap the rest. 😢

Yesterday my father and reattemped to get my car ready to drive, my father got it running very well but were having trouble with the oil pressure gauge and battery gauge. Replaced the oil pressure switch and no luck, and the volts drop like crazy when you hit the windows or something. Going to try again today though.

86Limited said:
Fixed the AC 😀 .
fixed mine too.... with a hammer. and a sawzall... and some assorted wrenchs...

Bout to fire the air compressor up and blow out the SS' engine bay. Polish up the wheel wells and polish up the valve covers and other chrome. Let it warm up and idle for a bit.

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor