What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Today I removed my AC compressor to see why there is oil all over the place. It seems to be leaking from the case itself, not the seals. It's odd since the high and low side pressures are good yet I'm loosing so much oil it's smoking off the exhaust manifolds. I'm guessing it's an internal problem, and plan on just replacing it.

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
Had a new tire put on the spare. Checked the oil and went out for a cruise. Nothing too stressful.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I dropped da drive shaft to replace a leaking rear seal and also to replace the u-joint well tried but cant seem to find them i have no idea :wtf: is goin on guess ill try napa in da A.M

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I have been hunting Craigslist and here and the Gbodyforum and pieced together a whole set for a set of 78 tail lights. I think every piece come from a different source. I took the best parts, polished the lenses, masked and painted black (to match what was on the car, i think black and argent were the available colors, but black I think looked best). I also bought all new stainless screws for everything so it looks NEW. I like the center light up Olds rocket symbol in the middle that was only available in 78. I have no idea why they got rid of it. Its so cool. I painted the inside of the housing with chrome pray paint and it made the lights more brilliant. They really sparkle now.

BEFORE
im86pz.jpg

AFTER
rcm0s1.jpg

11w7b6v.jpg

ab4dmp.jpg

85CutlassSalonRyder

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2011
Dallas,Texas
I locked my keys in the car.... and got so mad that I wanted to pull out my .45, aim it at the lock on the trunk, and empty the clip! Instead, I took out the backseat, and crawled into the trunk space to unlock the trunk.... Only to find out that I had actually lost them in house! What a f-ing douche bag I am!

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Finished cleaning up the driver's side front fender and primed it, took out the old transmission crossmember and installed a new transmission mount bushing. Installed new mufflers, Painted my taillight trim, and primed the trunk lid and driver's door. Also, I found out that my stereo head unit is garbage.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Today i removed the wiring harness, along with the radiator, fan, and some accessories so the 307 can be yanked this weekend. Also jacked up the back, in preparation for swapping the rearends.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
85CutlassSalonRyder said:
I locked my keys in the car.... and got so mad that I wanted to pull out my .45, aim it at the lock on the trunk, and empty the clip! Instead, I took out the backseat, and crawled into the trunk space to unlock the trunk.... Only to find out that I had actually lost them in house! What a f-ing douche bag I am!

Hahahaha. Sorry for laughing but that sounds like some retarded sh*t I would do!! Lol at least u didn't empty your clip, THEN find out they were in the house haha.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Practiced doing burnouts with the accelerator and brake pedal. Never did this before, but have always mashed on the gas and did it. Takes a little getting used to, movies make it look easy. :D

CraigDGMorrison

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2011
Athabasca, Alberta
i had the hood opened and imagined there was a carb'd 6.0L in there.. for about 17 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor