What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fitting new wheels...

Attachments

• 2012-05-03 20.39.52.jpg
    2012-05-03 20.39.52.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 757
The passenger valve cover has been leaking a long time.....well before we bought it. I have been dreading it, but after 2 dam# hours, it is off, lip cleaned and a new gasket/glue is drying overnight. Gonna try to get it all back together tomorrow. What a pain in the a$$....would love to be able to clean the 2 tons of gunk out of the valvetrain, but I don't feel like taking the head off....to clean it properly.

papabearxl said:
The passenger valve cover has been leaking a long time.....well before we bought it. I have been dreading it, but after 2 dam# hours, it is off, lip cleaned and a new gasket/glue is drying overnight. Gonna try to get it all back together tomorrow. What a pain in the a$$....would love to be able to clean the 2 tons of gunk out of the valvetrain, but I don't feel like taking the head off....to clean it properly.
Seafoam! You wouldnt believe the amount of gunk that was under my valve covers when I very first got my engine. There were areas where it felt like it was part of the actual block itself because it was so hard. Brake parts cleaner loosened everything up enough to be able to wipe it all out. Thats the cheap and quick way compared to pulling the heads.

I could be wrong about it, but just seeing that in the valvetrain, it just hits me in the face, as to picturing all that crap going back into the motor.....

Bought some new to me tires yesterday came with some western hurricane rims .Got a bag of lug nuts too with them .The dude wanted $200 for the set but i talked him down to $175 . I brought my brother with me and he stepped in and talk the dude down to $165 . The tires have really good tread on them and even have some of the hairs still on them also .One has a nail but does not leak but will still get a patch . Gonna transfer the tires to my SS wheels and then sell the western hurricanes . Also will sell my 14 inch olds rally wheels and tires off the car now .Anyways here are two pics .

westernhurricanes2.jpg

westernhurricanes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor