What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i unrwapped and fired up my 85 MC SS.
took her on the first drive of the year. :mrgreen:

it was a good run, took her to the store and back. laid about 15 feet of rubber.. got her to 75... didnt push it. AND speedo only goes to 85! :wink:

tune up. transmission service(filter and fluid change).. changed both belts.. wires. carb..also had the engine cleaned.. but ran in to the temp light turning on. didnt over heat. seems like the coolant bottle cap itsnt tight so maybe air leaking in is causing it. either way planning on changing thermostat and reservoir and cap to see if light doesnt turn back on.

it wasn't today but recently. my 7.5 out of a monte was apparently leaking for months till i fially ran it out of fluid and locked it up. 😳 long story short and quite unbelievably i found an 8.5 from a grand national with 3.08s installed on craigs list and was cruise'n at much more reasonable rpms 3 days later. 8)

deathproof said:
it wasn't today but recently. my 7.5 out of a monte was apparently leaking for months till i fially ran it out of fluid and locked it up. 😳 long story short and quite unbelievably i found an 8.5 from a grand national with 3.08s installed on craigs list and was cruise'n at much more reasonable rpms 3 days later. 8)

and now because you had to change your rearend, you have to go through the HASSLE of changing your sig. LOL! :rofl:

swapped out my 85 mph speedo for a 120 mph speedo, mounted a 235/60/15 BF Goodrich Radial TA to a spare 442 SSIII rim and put it in the trunk, put new lug wrench and hold down bracket on jack, getting ready to put in my steadfast column lock and passengers door seal.

decided to actually hook up the wiring to the 200-4r for the lockup. i got the wires layed out in the engine bay, found a good spot to place the vacuum thingy, on top of the EGR block off plate, and then figured out the wireing from the old switch to some weird harnis, plugged in the plug to the trans, and then i got rained out :x . so now i gotta do this tomorrow before werk or wait till it stops raining.

Sitting at work purchased a push button switch with and led to run some day time running leds that i'm still waiting on. No wiring diagram so i spent the last few hours hunting one. The other two are keyed switches I'm going to wire up on/off for my amps and train horn compressor.

Attachments

• IMAG0441.jpg
    IMAG0441.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 810
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor