What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
the k5 is my buddies, big block mud slinger,always in the shop, lol. the headers are hedman #45006 mids.i have had everything in the car to check fitment. everything is good( I have hooker clamshell ls adaptors). did smack my air box with coil bracket by not paying attention. I have had this engine in and out bout 5 times now. yup , the EFI/LS is pretty much the route we will be going from here forward. next is my buddies 70 chevelle. !

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
cool! 8) thanks for the part#'s.i dont run emmisions/ac on any of my g's so i dont have to worry about the interferance with the box/coil there :wink: looking forward to more on your build!!!

1LOW95GMC

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
I done the big 3 to my electrical system today. My volt meter stays steady now.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Bit the bullet and EBay'd some S10 spindles. I have Proforged tall ball joints on order to use these spindles with a set of Hotchkis contral arms that have been boxed for far too long.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
1LOW95GMC said:
I done the big 3 to my electrical system today. My volt meter stays steady now.

Good mod everyone should do imo.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
ssn696 said:
Bit the bullet and EBay'd some S10 spindles. I have Proforged tall ball joints on order to use these spindles with a set of Hotchkis contral arms that have been boxed for far too long.

I would like to get those ball joints.

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Thank God for this beautiful day we had in NC today. I got everything tore out of the Cutlass except front seats and carpet. Looking at everything were going to have to do to remove the vinyl top and make repairs to install the hard top parts. Tore apart the 84 front header panel I got and we are getting ready to start the body work soon. Took the last of the lower stainless off the car, the ones on the doors. I'd hope to have this car ready for a new color of paint by end of March. Also cleaned the grease of the A4 intake I got. I think I am going to sandblast it a bit to and get it looking really good.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
went to the shop and was going to bring my GP inside to yank the engine and transmission out but there was no room in the shop so I worked on the pro late model instead....soon as we get the chassis finished it goes to get media blasted and then to the other shop where we finish the car ready for thee track. The I can get to my GP to cut the front suspension brackets off the frame to replace it with something better. The LM is gong to be quick next season...

1492134_10152057467940660_478327292_o.jpg

rodneypierce

Greasemonkey
Oct 29, 2013
I got started on narrowing the bumpers. Got the rear cut, welded and ground down. Still need to DA the entire bumper, and apply filler to the bumper. Then should be ready for paint! Plan is to paint them body color.

I decided to narrow them 1 inch per side.

Hope to get to the front bumper tomorrow.

CAM00109_zps09srezah.jpg

CAM00111_zpsdcovjzuf.jpg

CAM00112_zpsqz2nbkvm.jpg

CAM00122_zpsi0ndsjf7.jpg

CAM00123_zpsty3jcpit.jpg

CAM00124_zpswd1umgz7.jpg

CAM00113_zpspmooorya.jpg

CAM00115_zpsfs3147t5.jpg

CAM00118_zpsetxpayum.jpg

CAM00119_zpszvtbmhgp.jpg

CAM00120_zpsgphbhkmo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor