What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
how hard was it to intall that shifter

Found out my MSD BTM box is junk and because its 15 months old it isnt warrantied. :x The coil went out and now with the box it won't idle, it thinks 1000 RPM, I must pull 15 degrees of timing out right NOW!!! And the motor stops.

pontiacgp said:
Longroof79 said:
pontiacgp said:
I just got the windshield installed and that rubber surround looks pretty nice. I have to add a little metal in the radius at the top corners since the rubber is just a little short...I must have missed something on the mock up or the two windshields have a different radius on the top corners..oh well

They are universal and they have a channell the window sits in. You'll see at the top corner how the rubber folds in a bit. If you click on the picture it'll enlarge a bit. If you want more or bigger pictures I can email them to you. I'll have to fill the cavity with some silicone until the winter when I'll weld some metal in there. I had a blast driving it tonite.. 😀
========================================================================================================
Thanks for posting the pic, Steve. It looks good...I like it. Are you saying that the strip installs with the windshield...or does it fit in the channel after the glass is in?

Thanks again, man.

Blake442 said:
Jack,
The seal wraps around the windshield before it's installed and is glued in with it.

That's how it's done..nice and simple

and thanks Jack...I like it and there's no wind getting up under the chrome moulding anymore.

Thank you Blake and Steve.
I may still go that route being that I cracked my windshield and it will need to replaced...again. So this is obtainable from the body shop supply? The fit in the corners kind of disturbs me a little, however. Although it does look like it fits well in late model cars. I suppose with a little manipulation it would look right. I do like the look . 8)

If the top corners of the windshield were rounded off a bit it would help a lot.

From my experience with that stuff, a little glue and a lot of heat go a long way to get it to lay down right...

the rubber was at the glass shop and I've seen other shops with the same...I should mention I raised the windshield ledge a little so the windshield sits more flush with the frame. The corners should be alright once I fill in the cavity and like Blake said once the heat of the sun gets to it that'll help.

Installed the rebuilt LG4 305 yesterday.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor