What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake442 said:
If the top corners of the windshield were rounded off a bit it would help a lot.

From my experience with that stuff, a little glue and a lot of heat go a long way to get it to lay down right...

if you do round off the top corners of the window that would help with the rubber laying down flat but you'll need to do something with the top corner on the frame of the car if you use the same size of rubber trim I used. The trim as it is barely covers the corners of the car now, in fact on the drivers side the rubber is a little shy of covering up the corner on the car. I'll weld in a little metal in those areas this winter to solve that problem.

For the past three days, I've been driving the damn thing, rain or shine. I participated in a judged All-Chevy show this past Sunday at a local Chevy dealer, so I spent a bunch of my free time this past month scrubbing, buffing and detailing. I hadn't driven it since the 4th of July after scrubbing wheel houses, frame rails engine compartment etc.
My work was worthwhile, as I brought home a class win.
IMG_1400.jpg

Now I'm gonna drive it for a while and have some fun.

Bill

Damn! Got that thing lookin puuuuurty!! haha

i just removed some of the retarded pinstripes...

went to install my wheels and tires that were mounted today but one tire was mounted to rotate the wrong way, picked up Hella H1 lenses and converted it to use with my H4 HID's for the hi beams, the H1 has a better lite pattern for the hi beams than the H4 Hella that I use for the bi-hid....then I finished assembling my Eaton posi and installed that into my 8.2 rear end and put in the axles, rotors and calipers so it's ready to install in the car..

yesterday I put in power steering pump and today I put in a bigger radiator and thought alright going to go on my first real drive today to the gas station about 5 miles away, got about a mile from the house and ran out of gas.No big suprise had the gas can with me :roll: but geez I wish I had enough

Put the power steering belt on, the driveshaft in, filled the trans and PS pump with fluid...cranked it up and drove it up the road to the gas station and put 20 dollars in it.... been a few years since I drove it and it felt great!

Happy birthday!!!!...........to my car today lol

Let's see here where do I start.
Carb rebuild.
Oil change (royal purple as always)
Trans flush with new filter (b&m trick shift ATF)
Spark plugs (AC delco rapidfires)
Plug wires (Accell 8.8's)
And a nice wash and wax

Gah this engine will never die

I've been busy 😀

I replaced the bypass hose today as I noticed that it was starting to crack and was hard as a rock! I prevented a possible breakdown and towing fee as that's what would have happened if it burst. I just love preventive maintenance! Other than that i've been driving the hell out of it all summer long enjoying my new GN rearend. 🙂

installed the last wheel now that the tire in on right, installed the radio for my XM and drove her. I still need a bit of wet sanding and then a buffing with a nice new porter cable 7424 with all the disks that I bought today on kijiji. Even tho the car isn't finished it sure got some attention tonite, even a cop gave me a thumbs up... 😀

Painted steering column boot now Itz all shiny. And car show tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor