What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past decade, I misplaced the fenderwells from my 80 coupe. I had a spare pair in the Shed o' Many Things, still attached to the fenders from the parts coupe. After disassembly and a thorough scrubbing, they look nearly new, but one of them had some cracks. I noticed JB Weld is about the right shade of gray. Used blue tape to seal right up to the cracks, then packed a generous dollop into each crack with a popsicle stick, like packing a wheel bearing old-school style in your palm. If it works out, I'll show pix tomorrow.

**update**

Well, not as invisible a repair as I hoped. Although the tape controlled the excess epoxy well, trimming JB Weld flat with a razor blade leaves it a lighter shade of grey. At least the cracks are arrested for now.

Attachments

• DSCN6376.JPG
    DSCN6376.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN6383.JPG
    DSCN6383.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: pontiacgp
Got my MSD 6AL back from being repaired, (Thanks TechWest Racing Services), So I put that back in. Mounted a front Lic Plate bracket to my Glass bumper, I dont like front license plates, theyre ugly, but the Fuzz breaks our balls around here if you dont have one, so to save myself some grief..

Found a carb like my old one (same model number, off the same engine) and I;m gonna combine the two and try and make a good working one.

• Useful
Reactions: Bahbo
Made the qjet I bought work. Only thing wrong with it was a piece of the choke tower thing on the corner is broken off when I got it, but sh*t it works. Way better than that crappy chevy qjet I tried.

Reactions: pontiacgp
Please tell me what radiator and fan shroud is that? Looks killer and really clean. Oh, and the top plate too.
its factory v8 fan shroud i cleaned it up and sprayed it with heat paint and low luster clear coat. got from fellow member the top plate is factory v8 top plate had it powder coated. the radiator i had a local shop make it to fit.

Reactions: MrSony
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor