What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Cleaned more of that transmission. Man that thing is gross. Tomorrow I'm gonna pull the pan, install the shift kit, seal it back up, install the new gasket, filter, and chrome Th350 pan I have that has a drain plug. Hopefully it'll be in by Friday night.

Reactions: 1 users

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Finally got around to installing my UMI upper A arms
& Blazer Spindle / Brake upgrade!
Had the brake parts media blasted & powder coated to clean em up.

Thanks Timo22 for the Blazer Brake set up!

Attachments

• Blazer Brake Upgrade2.JPG
    Blazer Brake Upgrade2.JPG
    815.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Blazer Brake Upgrade1JPG.jpg
    Blazer Brake Upgrade1JPG.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: 8 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Crazy what a leaky T-Top will do!

Curiousity, did it have a big thick white pad under the carpet? The Kotex, as my buddy calls them, I have seen them in early G bodies...they hold any water that gets in the cabin and lets it eat away at the floor, all the while being heated by the cat directly under it to help kill any residual paint on the floor

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Installed a shift kit (1st time) in my TH350. Opted for the Transgo kit as it's easier on the transmission and the shifts are progressive, the more throttle I give it, the harder it shifts. That's the theory anyway. I didn't want part throttle bang shifts. The trans was SUPER clean on the inside and nearly no residue in the pan. Should be in the car by Sunday night, or at least that's the goal.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
22 degrees, 6 with wind chill, so yeah, not a dang thing

I know that's a heat wave for the guys up north, but 3 decades in OK/TX have made me soft

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
It's -19c (-2f) feels like -22c (-8f) with the wind here in Québec, that's actually pretty mild considering it's supposed to be around -30c (-22f) all weekend. I've been wanting to work on my Grand Prix but was layed off late November, so I haven't really had the funds despite having all the time in the world. Probably going to buy a few small things with some of my Christmas money and from a bit of work I've been doing on the side. Should be able to finish the blazer rear disc swap.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
22 degrees, 6 with wind chill, so yeah, not a dang thing

I know that's a heat wave for the guys up north, but 3 decades in OK/TX have made me soft
Back here in Iowa. We got six inches of snow yesterday and it is -4 out right now with the low -14. Was 50 a week ago! I would gladly take 20*. I would like to move too, but my wife said no.

• Agree

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Curiousity, did it have a big thick white pad under the carpet? The Kotex, as my buddy calls them, I have seen them in early G bodies...they hold any water that gets in the cabin and lets it eat away at the floor, all the while being heated by the cat directly under it to help kill any residual paint on the floor
It had the big heavy pad with different color strand fibers in it. Then the carpet had kind of a rubber backing, so any moisture that did make it to the pad wasn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor