What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Today I got the AC working. Anthonychacon80 provided the excellent compressor, Amazon provided the accumulator and RockAuto provided the orifice tube and seals. I used the ES-12 replacement refrigerant which costs about $4 a can. So I spent less than $100 and I'm getting 40* at the outlet on a humid 80* day in a 28 year old car. Cool.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I spent the last two days removing the right side quarter window, wire wheeling and scraping some rust scale and all of the old seal off. Found a few small rust holes on the sill and welded them up. Gave 'em a light coat of All-Metal filler and primed the area. Little by little I've been attacking all the nasty little rust holes, etc.
All in all I feel I'm making progress and getting closer to repainting it. Yahoo! :D

*Mark, I'm glad to hear that you got your A/C in order. That's something that I'll also need to address one of these days.
Not sure what compressor I'll use. It currently has an A6 axial type. I'd like to go with a Sanden radial. Something that doesn't rob too much horsepower.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I took off the front sway bar, pulled a fender and took out some crusty front shocks :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sanded the car all day cause it was too shiny and the painter could not figure out what went wrong...I bought 3 quarts of matte additive and a gallon of clear....the mix is 4 parts clear, 1 part hardener and 4.5 parts matte additive. He used 2 quarts of matte additive so a quick calculation of the amount of clear that should be remaining is a little more than 1/2 gallon....so why the F is there only about a quart left of the clear???.....he's still trying to explain to me that he measured it correctly... :wtf:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Steve, let me paint it. All my paint jobs turn out flat, unintentionally :roll: .

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Took out the aluminum core support. Got tired of the header panel not lining up with the fenders and nothing lining up the way it should. So good old fashion steel support back in place with no problems.

Started body work on the replacement fender and will be boxing up the lower rear control arms tonight.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
I looked for my future gbody on craigslist. The search continues.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
dream on mcss said:
I looked for my future gbody on craigslist. The search continues.
:lol: Thats the easy part!

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
i found out i put the Lightweight Aluminum Bumper Mounts on wrong.i put the back on the front.now i need a set for the front.and i stripped my parts car some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor