What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the valve springs with the ZZ4 springs and was going to install the ZZ4 cam but I could not get the old cam out. So I packed it up for the day, came home and sat down to have a beer and it dawned on me, I never removed the fuel pump rod..

Attachments

• homer_simpson_doh_02_feature.gif
    homer_simpson_doh_02_feature.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 786
I started removing my front sway bar, steering box, and steering shaft for my 34mm bar, GN box, and jeep steering shaft upgrades. These two bolts came from the drivers side front sway bar mount. I have no idea how I didnt break them :shock:
messedupbolts.jpg

pontiacgp said:
I changed the valve springs with the ZZ4 springs and was going to install the ZZ4 cam but I could not get the old cam out. So I packed it up for the day, came home and sat down to have a beer and it dawned on me, I never removed the fuel pump rod..

LMAO!! I did the same thing today!......except I figured it out as I was pulling the heads :blam:

mine is getting different heads and new cam this week.

I installed my fuel pressure gauge and wired up the light from the oil pressure gauge the PO apparently couldnt do.

IMAG0169.jpg

Havent picked a color yet though.

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Also looking into going LED for the gauges and such.

Finally got my block and crank dropped off at the machine shop this morning. I'm pretty excited. A week or so and I can actually start rebuilding my engine. BEAUTIFUL!

Today, I finally got my engine idling at the right speed and adjusted the fuel mixture for spring. Also diagnosed the popping that the car made after down shifts: loose header to exhaust bolts. Once I get through the exams this next two weeks I am gonna also get them doors adjusted properly.

well, exciting day today.
first, i started it up. shot starting fluid around the engine to try and find a possible vacuum leak. got a little too close to the Dist., and caught the top of the engine on fire. quickly shut it off anf stripped my shirt to douce the fire. quick reaction, no problems. i didnt have the straw nozzle on the can. DOH! 😳
so, with no luck on that, i proceeded to pull the drivers door panel and mirror. delicate as possible. only popped 1 interior tab.
the new drivers door went to the body shop today, and the car will be dropped off tomorrow for hanging and the cleaning of the passengers underneith side. just primer for now. funds are tight, and i gotta get the damn engine running smooth in drive. so, on to the mechanic next since i cant find the idle in "D" problem.
maybe i will put on a new vacuum advance tomorrow morning before i take it to see if that fixes it, but i'm NOT optimistic.

i drove it to werk :mrgreen:

Measured All Brake Lines So I Can Replace Them All, Have To Have Elky Ready For Safety Inspection On Friday!

picked up a double roller timing chain, ordered the cam retainer and push rods which will be in Wednesday so the car should be back on the road Friday if I get a chance to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor