What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to install the heater/ac box but my headers had other plans
B7F7177D-DD95-430F-B091-EF8CE79AB16F.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Texas82GP
Does it still fit?

I modified the brake pushrod kit I bought to make it work..... figured out a way to hold the rod in place, I made a dish that fit tight in the opening of the rear of the master brake, put a hole in the middle big enough so the rod could delflect and put a weld on the rod so it could not slide through the hole, I staked the master and used a bit of JB weld to hold the disk in place, Welded in a few holes in the brake pedal that are not needed. I finished up the firewall doubler and as soon ans the paint was dry I installed that along with the brake and clutch pedal assembly and I got the master clutch installed. All the holes in the firewall double lined up with the holes in the firewall so I was happy about that. Finished off the modification on the tramsmission crossmember and painted it so that is ready to go in tomorrow. I didn't have any popcorn today but the beer was nice and cold.....😎

I modified the brake pushrod kit I bought to make it work..... figured out a way to hold the rod in place, I made a dish that fit tight in the opening of the rear of the master brake, put a hole in the middle big enough so the rod could delflect and put a weld on the rod so it could not slide through the hole, I staked the master and used a bit of JB weld to hold the disk in place, Welded in a few holes in the brake pedal that are not needed. I finished up the firewall doubler and as soon ans the paint was dry I installed that along with the brake and clutch pedal assembly and I got the master clutch installed. All the holes in the firewall double lined up with the holes in the firewall so I was happy about that. Finished off the modification on the tramsmission crossmember and painted it so that is ready to go in tomorrow. I didn't have any popcorn today but the beer was nice and cold.....😎
Pics or it didn't happen.

My recently installed 350 / 300 engine has over heated twice when stalled in traffic. this Summer. Previously I have replaced the radiator, water pump and thermostat. So I decided that an electric helper fan was required.
A 14" electric fan was sourced from a Lexus,, a control kit from Jegs and a Flex-a-Lite fan. I did away with the factory fan set-up, mounted the Lexus fan direct to the radiator, used a 1-1/2" extender for the belt driven Flex-a-Lite fan. FInished it all off with an homemade shroud extension.
Works great! Sat in 100 degree temp at idle for over 45 minutes without overheating.
Probably not the most elegant solution but this is real hot-rodding: finding solutions and creatively implementing them!

Attachments

Engine and trans is in as of midnight. A day behind, but no big deal. Gonna hook it up, get some cheap oil (with zddp additive) and change it and filter in a hundred miles or so.

Engine and trans is in as of midnight. A day behind, but no big deal. Gonna hook it up, get some cheap oil (with zddp additive) and change it and filter in a hundred miles or so.
I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor