What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm not mad about it. Kind of funny actually. Past few months I was really starting to hate this engine. It's weird oil problem 2 different timng covers didnt fix, oil rings just stopped doing their job, immense blowby out of nowhere, etc. it's a shame an SP block died, but restamp any other 70 block and no one will know.
plus im picking up a new 350 saturday lol.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
"Here's your sign..."- Bill Ingvall
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever." -Ron White

:D

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
yup
guess 70mph was too much for it. was just driving around messing with the oil pressure regulator. I did think it was odd when after turning the adjuster in 3 full turns my oil pressure went down...
I wonder if that vibration you thought was an exhaust leak was actually a bottom end problem.

• Agree
  • Scared
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I wonder if that vibration you thought was an exhaust leak was actually a bottom end problem.
i didn't think it was, especially since it only started after i put the crossmember in, and got slightly better after readjusting my exhaust. it wasn't a driveline vibration either, it would do it in park/neutral too.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Willing to bet the ratio of blown up LS to Buick 350s is at least 5:1.
I'm giving you the buzzer on that one. Those LS engines have about the best bottom end out there. Pull one from the junkyard and the bearings look almost new.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm giving you the buzzer on that one. Those LS engines have about the best bottom end out there. Pull one from the junkyard and the bearings look almost new.
I'm talking just pure numbers. The sheer amount of LS/vortec engines that were made in comparison to the buick 350. I was being a bit facetious, but I'm not wrong. Far more people have blown up LS engines than Buick 350s, 455s, 231s, etc.

• Indifferent

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I'm talking just pure numbers. The sheer amount of LS/vortec engines that were made in comparison to the buick 350. I was being a bit facetious, but I'm not wrong. Far more people have blown up LS engines than Buick 350s, 455s, 231s, etc.

Production numbers are probably 10:1 so ya, probably more LS motors have died. Good comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor