What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks CK80, Appreciate the reply and Amen to the thoughts and sentiments. A lot of my younger misspent adulthood was spent dealing with clouds of sanding dust and paint fumes and rusty blow back from grinding and cutting. All that along with clouds of smoke from bars and dance halls. Don't know how many time I'd come home from some gin mill and wake up the next day and have to toss my kit in the wash cause it stank of stale cigarette smoke and the funny/stupid thing was that I didn't use 'em. Came time to choose between one evil and the other and I elected to go with booze. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances.

Nick

I had several NOS parts stashed away in my shed. A new facebar, lower and upper grilles, and headlight bezels. I figured they weren't doing anything sitting in the shed so I put them on the car. Im glad I did, it really made a difference. I'm gearing up for cruise nite season.

Attachments

• 20220125_131534.jpg
    20220125_131534.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20220125_145304_HDR.jpg
    20220125_145304_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220209_112720.jpg
    20220209_112720.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
  • 20220225_164129.jpg
    20220225_164129.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
I had several NOS parts stashed away in my shed. A new facebar, lower and upper grilles, and headlight bezels. I figured they weren't doing anything sitting in the shed so I put them on the car. Im glad I did, it really made a difference. I'm gearing up for cruise nite season.
Nice! I Love G body Grand Prix' I had an 84 almost 20 years ago they are so rare I don't think I've seen one on the streets in years..

Thanks CK80, Appreciate the reply and Amen to the thoughts and sentiments. A lot of my younger misspent adulthood was spent dealing with clouds of sanding dust and paint fumes and rusty blow back from grinding and cutting. All that along with clouds of smoke from bars and dance halls. Don't know how many time I'd come home from some gin mill and wake up the next day and have to toss my kit in the wash cause it stank of stale cigarette smoke and the funny/stupid thing was that I didn't use 'em. Came time to choose between one evil and the other and I elected to go with booze. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances.

Nick
Sometimes the priorities we chose when we are younger seem like a great idea at the time. But as we age, realize we are NOT going to live forever. We now understand the consequences. And YES, I'm 100% guilty however, I sure did have a lot of fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Clutch
All installed
Went with jb weld for the wiper knob
That doesn’t ever need to come off again
And if it does
A tight squeeze with a pair of plier and you’ll crumble the stone to pieces and clean the prong with a razor blade

I’d just make a new knob

And the light knob I actually filled my previous hole with epoxy and managed to file a perfect triangle shaped groove into it and it fit perfect
No glue or anything required
A decent pull and it’ll come off
A decent push and it’ll go on

Perfect

Next to take it that extra step and engrave a olds rocket on the face of the knob
Maybe paint the groove white

🙌🏼

Attachments

• 336153A0-80EB-41F1-A9A7-DB4043590E1F.jpeg
    336153A0-80EB-41F1-A9A7-DB4043590E1F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 049B6300-49E6-451E-B56D-4CEE3F2F1DE2.jpeg
    049B6300-49E6-451E-B56D-4CEE3F2F1DE2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
Upon further thought, the knob spins, id rather the rocket not be not upright and look awkward

Backing out on the logo
It’s clean as it is
👊🏼👊🏼

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor