What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I purchased the gasket kit from Dixie (I think). I also bought a 30' roll of that butyl tape to reseal the top and replace the old stuff around the evaporator. AND YES, it will be thoroughly cleaned inside before re-assembly. It'll be the next guy's problem (my son) after I kick the bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Gave it a good wash. Son texted me yesterday to go shoot some clay targets so will drive El C to the range. Can't wait.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Checked her over a little, added some oil since she leaks like a sieve. Took her out with some buddies for a drive and to get some food. While out I noticed the back up camera isn't working so looked at that yesterday by taking the head unit out and seems like everything was connected still. Wasnt sure when I was playing with the screens if I had pulled something. So now will try to dig into that at some point to see, looked underneath and all the wires look alright as well......
20220305_153732.jpg
20220305_190840.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Checked her over a little, added some oil since she leaks like a sieve. Took her out with some buddies for a drive and to get some food. While out I noticed the back up camera isn't working so looked at that yesterday by taking the head unit out and seems like everything was connected still. Wasnt sure when I was playing with the screens if I had pulled something. So now will try to dig into that at some point to see, looked underneath and all the wires look alright as well......
View attachment 193889 View attachment 193888
There's a three step process around the backup camera problem:

Step one: extend right hand behind passenger headrest

Step two: turn head to look over right shoulder

Step three: engage reverse while looking out rear/opera windows.

I just saved you a ton of diagnostic time. You're welcome. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Drove the Bonneville to work to fuel it up. When I made it home, I found fuel dripping off of the frame rail. ****. Nothing like dropping a full fuel tank.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Y'all sure it's the tank and not just one of lines to the sending unit? Not quite equal but about 6 lbs/gallon so a 20 gal tank would gross in around 140-150 lbs; contents plus tank itself. What works fairly slick is a bike lift. They have a skinny profile and use two cross rails to pick the frame tubes on a bike which are close enough to pick up the bottom of the tank without impeding access to the straps. The one I use myself is actually a home built that I copied from another home built. Might be able to score one from Harbor Freight or Amazon.

Nick

Last edited:

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Y'all sure it's the tank and not just one of lines to the sending unit? Not quite equal but about 6 lbs/gallon so a 20 gal tank would gross in around 140-150 lbs; contents plus tank itself. What works fairly slick is a bike lift. They have a skinny profile and use two cross rails to pick the frame tubes on a bike which are close enough to pick up the bottom of the tank without impeding access to the straps. The one I use myself is actually a home built that I copied from another home built. Might be able to score one from Harbor Freight or Amazon.

Nick
The way my work schedule has been, this job may get farmed out to a mechanic. 12 hour days don't give me much time to wrench around in the garage.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Washed the car again, still need to clay bar it) and use iron remover before any detailing. This car sat for over 10 years in my uncle's garage. I put the 235/70/15 wheels and tires from my Monte Carlo on it just to see how it looked. I have an appointment with my mechanic coming up in two weeks, so I'm trying to knock some stuff out before then.

View attachment 193551

There's a three step process around the backup camera problem:

Step one: extend right hand behind passenger headrest

Step two: turn head to look over right shoulder

Step three: engage reverse while looking out rear/opera windows.

I just saved you a ton of diagnostic time. You're welcome. :LOL:
Oh My God Omg GIF by WWE

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Was supposed to be watching the Price is Right but it got interrupted by a talking head announcement that American gas imports from the Rooskies had just been suspended. Last Power Nation post put gas at $3.72/gallon and set to rise. Lucky you. Up here in the land of the frozen chosen it is approaching $2.00 per liter. Math time here; there are 4.5 liters in our gallon so us Canucks are paying, or about to pay, $9.00 per gallon!!!!! The whole liter thing is a petroleum curtain to disguise how much car owners are being fleeced for their fuel.

To put this in perspective, a 1/4 tank of gas for my S-10 costs me $50.00. At that it is cheap because that quarter tank represents a month of daily driving. If it had been my other toys, the Monte and the G-10, it'd be more like a week.

Maybe the next hi zoot biz will be figuring out how to rewind electric motors to make them spin faster and produce higher rpms for e-cars, thus making them go faster and farther on a charge. Bleah, that is about as attractive as tofu.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor