What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
If you want to save some junkyard searching, just search eBay for "Impco Mixer" or "Impco carburetor". It shouldn't be too hard to get a propane mixer for most engine sizes, but a decent sized storage tank can be a little pricey.
Neighbour across the street multiple decades ago had a bus for RV purposes that he and his son converted to propane. Seem to recall that Impco may have been the carb that they installed. The whole project was a home brew because back then propane was considered "exotice fuel and didn't have much by way of support beyond forklifts. Both have passed on so no way to know; haven't seen the other son in????

Nick

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Neighbour across the street multiple decades ago had a bus for RV purposes that he and his son converted to propane. Seem to recall that Impco may have been the carb that they installed. The whole project was a home brew because back then propane was considered "exotice fuel and didn't have much by way of support beyond forklifts. Both have passed on so no way to know; haven't seen the other son in????

Nick
Propane was pretty big with the rock crawler crowd back before EFI became common and there are quite a few that still use it today. I had considered it in the El Camino, but the wife probably would have shot me if I told her that I needed to set a 3rd 500 gallon propane tank in the yard.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Propane was pretty big with the rock crawler crowd back before EFI became common and there are quite a few that still use it today. I had considered it in the El Camino, but the wife probably would have shot me if I told her that I needed to set a 3rd 500 gallon propane tank in the yard.
Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. And besides, she's probably shot you before and you've lived to tell us about.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. And besides, she's probably shot you before and you've lived to tell us about.
How do you think I got propane tank #2?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How do you think I got propane tank #2?
Send her away for a spa day or something. While she's gone just swap out for two larger tanks slightly further away from the house. She'll never know the difference

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Or put up some kind of gazebo, pergola, or fancy fencing, something so totally cute and feminine that she'll adore it, hang a bunch of roses off it, or better yet a rose hedge, and hide all three behind it. Think they call that either camouflage or misdirection. Out of sight, out of mind..................

Nick

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I was thinking of something a little more artsy...

dont-worry-be-happy-prozac-1-000-000-mg-7606532.png

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Well folks it’s a great morning. The elky passed smog this morning with flying colors. Just remember I put the blueprint 383 short block topped with afr heads. I was very surprised to see it pass so easily.

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So the gas tank in the S-10 hit 1/2 full which made it time to hit the gas station.

The price on the pump was $1.959 per liter, CDN. For my half tank of gas, I paid $74.92.

Got home, dug out my calculator and did the math. I pumped in 38.243 liters of gas, which, at 4.5 liters per gallon local, equals roughly 8 gallons of gas. So for my 8 gallons, I paid 9.37 per gallon.

In USD, that would be $6.15

Just to put this in perspective, the last fill was a 1/4 tank and cost me 50.00; this one was a 1/2 tank and, practically speaking, cost me 75.00. At that rate, a full tank, from almost empty to shut off click, would run me about $150.00-160.00. And the price is expected to go UP!!!

I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories but someone here is making a killing on the profits. The word for all this is GOUGE. Or, maybe USHERY. No wonder electric cars are getting so much traction.

Anyone up for the idea that the neo-barbarian ultra-right wing eco-terrorist- tree huggers are plotting to re-introduce communism and ruin the world??

(Hey, don't blame me. It's been a slow day and the next thing on the list is to fabricate a fixture so that I can reshape a vintage seat pan and remove a kink in its structure.)

Nick

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
From I live in NW Ohio where one day will be a beautiful sunny day above 55 degrees and the next will be in the mid 30s I've been limited in my work but looking at past forum posts inspired my project that I started on Saturday and finished today from it was finally warm enough to paint. The project was converting from the small factory iron rod supports that connect the fenders to the core support over to 3/4 inch EMT tubing supports. With my limited tools I think they look pretty good, for a nookie like me.
20220309_144619.jpg
20220315_201315.jpg

Disclaimer!! It's not a Olds 455, it's the original Olds 260 but I am in the process of building a near W31 spec Olds 350 for it. Yes I am crazy!

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor