What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
They do sometime up in Metro Atlanta, maybe a couple times a year, them a little more often in the northern mountains.

A little salt does a lot of damage, especially in warmer temps.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
No inspections back in MI either and I'm sure someone back home there would have proudly rocked that heap.
It held strong at #3. Only 2 mounts still attached, front to rear.

#1s missing. #2s rotted out, one fell and gone, one collapsed inside frame. #3s intact but squashed. #4s had no metal left attaching to body. #5s flattened. #6s fell out, gone. #7s fell out, gone.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
It held strong at #3. Only 2 mounts still attached, front to rear.

#1s missing. #2s rotted out, one fell and gone, one collapsed inside frame. #3s intact but squashed. #4s had no metal left attaching to body. #5s flattened. #6s fell out, gone. #7s fell out, gone.

Should have taken it to an autocross event to see if you could have separated the body and frame.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Should have taken it to an autocross event to see if you could have separated the body and frame.
Did that in the yard. Logging chains hooked to the 8.1 yukon took care of that experiment. After front clip removed of course. Was salvaging body panels off this turd.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Spent a few hours installing a new made in china champion rad, with an admittedly cool cap. Also installed bilstein shocks (hardware for the front was wrong, thanks Germany) and el camino spec (i think, might have been wagon) springs. Raised the rear a good inch and a half to two inches. It'll settle, but i like the rake it has now. before it was full on *ss down face up after the GN spec springs settled.
spring5.jpg
spring4.JPG
spring3.jpg
spring2.jpg
spring1.jpg
spring6.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Went through the process I had planned and it did it again, talked to tech after data logging and they didn't want to see it because they say they think running the power all the way to the trunk for a direct connection to the battery will fix it. Their other guess is if multiple connections are run to the same accessory that it may drop and cause problems, they suggest running a direction connection with its own relay
20230321_203151.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Went through the process I had planned and it did it again, talked to tech after data logging and they didn't want to see it because they say they think running the power all the way to the trunk for a direct connection to the battery will fix it. Their other guess is if multiple connections are run to the same accessory that it may drop and cause problems, they suggest running a direction connection with its own relay
View attachment 218208

Probably not the case for you, but I bet they get calls from fools all day long with jankety installs and no clue how to tune crying foul on good systems so they're going to run you through the ringer before caving. When I look at it that way, I can't say I'd do any different in their shoes.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Probably not the case for you, but I bet they get calls from fools all day long with jankety installs and no clue how to tune crying foul on good systems so they're going to run you through the ringer before caving. When I look at it that way, I can't say I'd do any different in their shoes.
Yeah I get it, I wasn't even mad about it on the phone. When I got off the mechanic was like whaaaaat this is some bs they are running you through again, I said no I get it def said to run it direct to a battery but that isn't an easy solution so before I go that route I am connecting it to a jump pack

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The Holley stuff they are big on running power for the ecm straight to the battery. Many people on the facebook pages have fixed their problems by doing that. Holley is really picky on its power source. I ran my car with an intermittent alt problem, any time my Voltage dropped under 11.8 it ran like crap. missing, bogging, crazy AFR. It would still start and run but terribly, as soon as voltage was 11.9 or higher it was perfect.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor