What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Starting to look like a car again. For the last couple of days I have been spraying the clear coat and readying other pieces for the clear coat. Covering up the tail light Amber and Reverse Light lenses I resprayed the Silver color then coated them with the clear as I was spraying the clear on the rest of the Malibu. I still have yet to sand, compound, and wax, I also have the "Chevrolet" and "Malibu" Emblems and Stripe decals to put on after ward and some clean up as I was a little lazy in covering a few areas plus tape residue. The welding of the piece I cut out also needs to get done, along with cutting out the Rust on the bottom of the Right Fender. While the result is very nice, there are a few flaws mostly in areas I thought I sanded out smooth enough. It's all I can do with a seriously limited budget.

20240717_121919[1].jpg 20240717_121928[1].jpg 20240717_121940[1].jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Realized just how much of a glutton for punishment this… thing has made me.
3D9BDEE0-D7FD-4965-94BD-D44AC43EE17B.jpeg

81FDDF34-EC2E-40E5-ADA1-8A3977764FA6.jpeg

5439D539-5DF1-420D-8E9C-D35D6E27AD20.jpeg

Gacked a couple more places on the door since the fender fought me every step of the way coming off the car. The spots aren’t too bad, and I was planning on fixing another chip, but it’s still annoying.

Didn’t get much further than this since I forgot the power steering puller at the shop, but all I’ve got is exhaust, carb, converter and bellhousing bolts, and securing the transmission where it sits, as it’s not coming out with the engine.

Reactions: 5 users
View attachment 242701

Gacked a couple more places on the door since the fender fought me every step of the way coming off the car. The spots aren’t too bad, and I was planning on fixing another chip, but it’s still annoying.

Didn’t get much further than this since I forgot the power steering puller at the shop, but all I’ve got is exhaust, carb, converter and bellhousing bolts, and securing the transmission where it sits, as it’s not coming out with the engine.
at least you have a nice big open covered space to work on it!

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 242701
View attachment 242702
View attachment 242703

I feel ya.

Reactions: 1 users
Took it out to the gym and dinner lasts night, realized I killed a lot of bugs on the way back from Medina
20240718_172213.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Monte Carlo
Car wouldn't start again. I figured it wasn't getting spark since it's a new carb and distributor. I bought some cheap plugs and swapped them...car started immediately. I have to figure out why I keep fouling plugs, but hopefully these buy me some time. I also installed the new power steering box (reman) and steering shaft that I got years ago from a member here. After fixing the trans line and power steering box leaks, I thought that I was leak free, but of course, there's oil spots. I haven't been able to trace it completely, but I'll try this weekend. The more I look at these ugly headers, the more I want to coat them buy new ones.

Regal
Slow, but it always starts. I need to replace the steering box on this one too. I got the coolant to stop leaking at the lower radiator point. I'm not sure if I want to sell this and find an El Camino project or a G-Body that's already been LS swapped.

1721403230164.png

1721403250160.png

Reactions: 3 users
Monte Carlo
Car wouldn't start again. I figured it wasn't getting spark since it's a new carb and distributor. I bought some cheap plugs and swapped them...car started immediately. I have to figure out why I keep fouling plugs, but hopefully these buy me some time. I also installed the new power steering box (reman) and steering shaft that I got years ago from a member here. After fixing the trans line and power steering box leaks, I thought that I was leak free, but of course, there's oil spots. I haven't been able to trace it completely, but I'll try this weekend. The more I look at these ugly headers, the more I want to coat them buy new ones.

Regal
Slow, but it always starts. I need to replace the steering box on this one too. I got the coolant to stop leaking at the lower radiator point. I'm not sure if I want to sell this and find an El Camino project or a G-Body that's already been LS swapped.

View attachment 242725
View attachment 242726
Good Possibility Your Air/Fuel mixture is Rich, How much Vacuum are you pushing? Does the exhaust stink of fuel but timing is set right? I had this problem too with the Malibu I was fouling up the plugs cause the mixture was rich. Something to look into.

Well, got the pan swapped. Touched up the firewall where I missed before I put the fenders on (somehow).
3D0BD5DE-3E51-427D-AEE5-57E96705691F.jpeg

984B361C-4239-4396-A9F1-0F000812D9C8.jpeg

The door’s prepped for touch ups, just have to sand the epoxy primer I brushed on.

The Kevko pan is a nice piece, 3 trap doors and a relatively tight baffle system with a windage tray and a crank scraper, which cleared perfectly:
D810BDFE-0EBD-4A2B-83CB-9A1862FEDF44.jpeg

9F1C7AA2-B9C7-45B3-9961-1D23615EB220.jpeg

22AC7AFA-A4E2-44DF-8820-8BA3DC2D25F2.jpeg

Feels a hair thicker than the stock pan I had, so much so that I couldn’t use the spreader rails with the bolts I had in the old pan.

Now to stab it back in tomorrow….

Reactions: 8 users
I was going to try to sand, compound, polish and wax or at least I tried on the Deck lid; found out I need to spray more Clear, and I will after the Decal Stripes are on Deck Lid and Hood. Going to have to spray more on the Driver side while am at it. To help spray the clear without the gun gumming up I used less of the hardener which resulted in the not so mirror look it should have got. I went ahead and put the Emblems on the best I could get them to factory placement. It looks right anyway.

20240721_110639[1].jpg 20240721_110626[1].jpg 20240721_110634[1].jpg

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor