What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Ok first tuning appointment and I got stood up. This is going to go well I'm sure
Hope you didn't pay the guy. Another reason why I learned to do it myself, and hate people in general.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Hope you didn't pay the guy. Another reason why I learned to do it myself, and hate people in general.

They're f00kers alright. Diesel tuning is foreign to me. I suppose I could at least crack one open and see.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
They're f00kers alright. Diesel tuning is foreign to me. I suppose I could at least crack one open and see.
Injector timing and pulse width really, same as gas but all injector control.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Injector timing and pulse width really, same as gas but all injector control.

Yeah, then do you advance timing until you stop seeing gains, is knock a thing with a diesel? Probably akin to learning the same things on a new airframe I suppose.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
After more research and brain racking I came to the conclusion that this truck has the Sonnax repair kit installed. As removed, it was set to function with the PWM as the general intended. Nothing was wallered out, so I feel that it shouldn't have had the TCC slippage, but again all I need to do is keep that inner purple valve pinned to the top. After fishing out the rest of it, I saw that I could flip the aft valve and have a nice stack.

View attachment 205777

Instead of the spring going inside that valve it can sit on top, has a centering tit on it.

View attachment 205778

That spring is pretty stiff too. It had an ample but realistic amount of preload when I put it back in. I really hope this is it, one and done. If not, it's gonna get spendier for him. I have to wait until tomorrow to get a decent gasket from a local trans shop before I put the pan back on and pick up a fan clutch, his is locked solid. Sounds like a d@mn airplane at 3000. Plus I think his cat is plugged. More to come.

So this whole thing ended up being a slam dunk. TCC slippage is gone, truck is more responsive and a jillion times quieter with the new fan clutch, and I squirted some Lucas into the PS pump and that shut it up and smoothed out its operation. I got $40 more than I asked for labor too, so he must be happy.

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So this whole thing ended up being a slam dunk. TCC slippage is gone, truck is more responsive and a jillion times quieter with the new fan clutch, and I squirted some Lucas into the PS pump and that shut it up and smoothed out its operation. I got $40 more than I asked for labor too, so he must be happy.
What type of Lucas product did you put in the PS pump?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What type of Lucas product did you put in the PS pump?

This stuff.

PXL_20220830_030200113.MP.jpg

Looks like I dumped about 8oz in his truck. I've had good luck with their trans additive too. They seem to make good stuff.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yeah, then do you advance timing until you stop seeing gains, is knock a thing with a diesel? Probably akin to learning the same things on a new airframe I suppose.
Considering a diesel fires off of pure compression, no.

It's literally when do you want the fuel to start coming in and how long do you want the injector open. Can definitely run it rich and lean.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Currently the scanner is saying I have to much fuel pressure it actually said rail pressure to high. From what I understand that's a program thing because of the cp3 there's a few other codes also. It's all just not things I know about. Literally outside my wheelhouse heck not even on my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor