Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to a great site from Houston. That looks like a great project. There are lots of great, knowledgeable guys on here so don't be shy on asking questions when you have one. Thanks for your service and good luck with the project. Let us know how we can help.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
rust free great cond 78 mc fender and hood---800.00 plus the ride.pm me if interested.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Looking good there! Greeting from California! I was stationed at NAS JAX and NS Mayport when i was in the Navy. I loved Jacksonville and how green it was, just didn't like the humidity haha
Good luck with you build! Looks like you've got quite a lot of rust to take on.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
welcome to the site! you'll find alot of knowledge and great people here!
Thank you for your service, and I'm glad you found a positive way to deal with the PTSD, so many have never found their way with finding their own outlet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

smokybob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Updated pics coming tomorrow. Im finding more and more rust and bubbling.... i need to go thru the interior i have two bucket seats and it looks like some trim. I haven't done a complete inventory of what i have. The lock is missing from the trunk, i need to figure out how to open it. I was told there was extra parts in the trunk. As of right now i know i need both signal marker housings. My plan tomorrow is to clean and inventory.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Updated pics coming tomorrow. Im finding more and more rust and bubbling.... i need to go thru the interior i have two bucket seats and it looks like some trim. I haven't done a complete inventory of what i have. The lock is missing from the trunk, i need to figure out how to open it. I was told there was extra parts in the trunk. As of right now i know i need both signal marker housings. My plan tomorrow is to clean and inventory.

If the lock cylinder is missing from the trunk you can easily open it with a long, skinny, flat head screwdriver. Look in the hole where the cylinder goes and you'll see a little slot that the cylinder engages. This is the latch. Put the end of the screwdriver in the slot and turn. It should open right up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

smokybob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Ok new update. I did some light cleaning, i took everything out of the car and trunk. Sadly i didn't find a grill, i found an extra se of seat cushions. Ripped up half the carpet and found the worst thing in the world, more f$%^ing rust! I thought i would feed the beast and take more pics. I would love to say that the previous owner tried to do this paint job right. But that would be a damn lie. Every interior piece of interior needs to come out and be cleaned stripped and repainted. Surprisingly the headliner is the nicest part of the car lmao. I hope i can salvage this dash, its missing the gauge cluster and housing. If i had the money i would get the damn thing stripped and sandblasted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor