Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Can you test something: open the door fully and at the handle side strongly lift up and down and watch if you see any movement or flexing of the windshield pillar/door hinge area. Take a machinist's hammer and with the pointy end, whack the rusty areas at the hinge post. What you don't want to see is holes left by the hammer. Do the doors fit and operate fairly well? How is the windshield pillar adjacent to the glass?(rusty or solid)

Reactions: 1 users

copperhead

Apprentice
Aug 25, 2016
nixa, MO
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
Just had all of the a pillar, rocker panel and door jamb rebuilt on my 86 cutlass. It was around 3k in metal work.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
3000.00 OR 1800.00 shipped for one of my rust free bodies... this is NOT a skeered mans sport;) replace body and cut up what is salvageble on your current 3rd gen and put away for a rainy day...key words here "FRAME-OFF" RESTO!!! in my best david starsky voiCE---"do it,do it nOWW"

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

smokybob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
3000.00 OR 1800.00 shipped for one of my rust free bodies... this is NOT a skeered mans sport;) replace body and cut up what is salvageble on your current 3rd gen and put away for a rainy day...key words here "FRAME-OFF" RESTO!!! in my best david starsky voiCE---"do it,do it nOWW"
You have a rust free 78 body? And its $1800 shipped to Florida?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
How can a car look so good and hide such serious rust. I don't know what you are into the car for, I know I would cut my losses and get out from under that one. You are probably getting an idea of how much money, effort, and time it's going to take to make it right and what will it be worth.If you are up for the challenge - go for it !! I got a nice 81 Monte I'll sell for $3000.00

2016-08-14 00.57.39.jpg

2016-08-19 21.39.50.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

copperhead

Apprentice
Aug 25, 2016
nixa, MO
How can a car look so good and hide such serious rust. I don't know what you are into the car for, I know I would cut my losses and get out from under that one. You are probably getting an idea of how much money, effort, and time it's going to take to make it right and what will it be worth.If you are up for the challenge - go for it !! I got a nice 81 Monte I'll sell for $3000.00

View attachment 57768

View attachment 57769
My god, that's the most beautiful ls cutlass I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor