BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

They did it right, but the bodyguy did some things I wasn't really sure about....but I didn't have to pay much of anything out of pocket for all the bodywork. There was alot of trading/bartering to get it done so I can't complain really! Down the road if issues arise with the paint, I will suck it up and have the shop that sprayed it redo it the proper way with the level of skill they have in hand! I've seen black hotrods they've done that look ridiculously deep with color/clear.

You'll see every flaw forever and everyone else will never notice. Looks great - get it on the road!!

Scott I've been so busy I didn't know you got paint on it it looks friggin great man congrats. I was just taking some time to catch up and wow you'll be slamming it together in no time body work all ways takes longer than people expect but if done right it's worth the wait

Scott I've been so busy I didn't know you got paint on it it looks friggin great man congrats. I was just taking some time to catch up and wow you'll be slamming it together in no time body work all ways takes longer than people expect but if done right it's worth the wait
Thanks Eric, no worries buddy...you've had your hands full lately. The Cutlass just got painted this week. The bodywork was done the first week of November, it's been sitting at the paintshop since then. From what I saw, the major bodywork from the roof skin swap and quarters being replaced looks spot on! Nobody will be able tell either was replaced which was the ultimate goal.
I'm itching to get it back now and at least get it mostly together in the next month or two when time permits. I'd like to have the 4L80 soon so that I can get a converter ordered and have the engine/trans in around spring time, fingers crossed!

I'm tuned in on your '78 buddy, hopefully your guys get you a reliable trans together soon so you can cruise it when it warms up outside.

Thanks Eric, no worries buddy...you've had your hands full lately. The Cutlass just got painted this week. The bodywork was done the first week of November, it's been sitting at the paintshop since then. From what I saw, the major bodywork from the roof skin swap and quarters being replaced looks spot on! Nobody will be able tell either was replaced which was the ultimate goal.
I'm itching to get it back now and at least get it mostly together in the next month or two when time permits. I'd like to have the 4L80 soon so that I can get a converter ordered and have the engine/trans in around spring time, fingers crossed!

I'm tuned in on your '78 buddy, hopefully your guys get you a reliable trans together soon so you can cruise it when it warms up outside.
Yea if I can get there did you read up on my crew cab lol I've lost my mind but I'm still rolling!

Paint job came out sweet ! Congrats!.. @#alittlejeolous
Haha, thanks buddy! The thing I didn't plan on though was dropping in a 500+hp drivetrain, likely more once I get used to the boost. My frame hasn't been boxed or notched like yours, so I foresee some added bracing going in down the road. FWIW, I do have new poly body mounts, and my suspension is stiff so I "might" be okay. Only time will tell I guess.

Earlier today I got the call I've been wanting to hear for several years...."this is the shop, your Cutlass is done and ready to go!"

I just happened to be down the road from there on my route so I swung by to check it out! It looks killer, and the bill is now paid! I'm hoping to pick it up Friday afternoon and start assembling this weekend. Here are a few pics for now, I'm happy happy happy 😀😀😀!!!!
20180117_154037.jpg
20180117_154119.jpg
20180117_154305.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor