BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Thanks Opie! It still hasn't fully sunk in that it's been painted. I keep looking at the pics I took, and it just doesn't seem real!

I will be working on it tomorrow, hopefully I get a good amount done. If not no biggie, I'm definitely not going to rush it!

You've got this much time invested and it's looking great, no need to rush things. You're gonna have a very nice Cutlass when you get done.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks Opie! It still hasn't fully sunk in that it's been painted. I keep looking at the pics I took, and it just doesn't seem real!

I will be working on it tomorrow, hopefully I get a good amount done. If not no biggie, I'm definitely not going to rush it!
I totally understand that feeling Scott. It took me 6 months to get used to the Camaro being painted.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well guys, I got to do a little assembly today. Things took WAY longer than planned, but I guess that happens when I tore this car apart 6+ years ago and really didn't take any pictures!!!

I was able to get the driver side A pillar, drip rail, and B pillar trim installed. I also got the weatherstripping channels on. I hit a wall when I installed the driver side lock and outer door handle. For the life of me I couldn't remember exactly how the rod hooked into the actuator arm on the lock. The new handle gasket took me awhile to figure out as my old ones are broken in pieces.

I have to give a huge shout out to Donovan for helping! I sent him a couple pics, and before I knew it my phone was ringing. He was looking at at the lock mechanism on Olds Cool to help me see what he was seeing! Mr Ridler, I sincerely appreciate you saving my tail today, I was able to get the lock done and move on!!!!!

Anyways, here are some pics of the progress....
20180121_121412.jpg
20180121_121432.jpg
20180121_130639.jpg
20180121_130711.jpg
20180121_155621.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well guys, I got to do a little assembly today. Things took WAY longer than planned, but I guess that happens when I tore this car apart 6+ years ago and really didn't take any pictures!!!

I was able to get the driver side A pillar, drip rail, and B pillar trim installed. I also got the weatherstripping channels on. I hit a wall when I installed the driver side lock and outer door handle. For the life of me I couldn't remember exactly how the rod hooked into the actuator arm on the lock. The new handle gasket took me awhile to figure out as my old ones are broken in pieces.

I have to give a huge shout out to Donovan for helping! I sent him a couple pics, and before I knew it my phone was ringing. He was looking at at the lock mechanism on Olds Cool to help me see what he was seeing! Mr Ridler, I sincerely appreciate you saving my tail today, I was able to get the lock done and move on!!!!!

Anyways, here are some pics of the progress.... View attachment 81081 View attachment 81082 View attachment 81083 View attachment 81084 View attachment 81085
I'm liking the carbon fiber touches against the dark charcoal with black trim it's subtle yet custom

• Agree

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Looking good Scott. Just remember to take your time and you'll get it together.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

Anyways, here are some pics of the progress.... View attachment 81081 View attachment 81082 View attachment 81083 View attachment 81084 View attachment 81085

This might be a dumb question but those rails for your upper door weatherstripping, did you salvage them from your car or buy them with the seals?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Doing some assembly today. Alot of things aren't working right, but I've got a little done. Here are a few pics, I will post some more later on...
20180126_123307.jpg
20180126_123332.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
:drool:
all that anal retentiveness on the spoiler and polishing the lenses really paid off! looks awesome!:notworthy:

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor