3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I have to give you credit man... Like the GP

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
my friend drives an 88 honda civic 4 dr he fits alot of those categories but not many ppl on this site are running 12.5s consistently without forced induction and still manage 25+ mpg 2.2 liters and alota balls its called power to weigt ratio thinkn like that will get ur doors blown off hes puttin 220 2 the ground oh p.s no kit sleeper status jst a big muffler 2 reduce back pressure recaro buckets and a tach cause his car didnt have 1

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
There's a difference between a Ricer and a Tuner,that GTP (tuner) if you car has V-TAK or something simular and you have no idea what you did to your car, or have a no clue what your piston looks like, probally a ricer

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
88 honda with no mods but a fart can making 220hp. and you wonder why we make fun of ricers? that's 134ci. that's a 1.64 power to displacemnt ratio. ferrari might get that high but motors usually have about .8-1.2. oh and power to weight. 2000lb car/220hp =9.09 vs 3500lb/400hp=8.75 you wanna try that one again jim?
ohh i forgot, those recaros and tach are worth 50hp each right? plus all the stickers!

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
actually the mods are a 94 prelude motor cams ported head v tec controller fuel rail injectors lsd iono theres more parts bolt ons like race fab headers straight pipe and sum other stuff not done to it not my car but like the guy said there are tuner and ricers theres a diff and that ratio isnt much apart like i said 12.5 1/4 speaks 4 its self wen the car runs like 18 or so stock and 80 hp learn sum of those guys will smoke that *ss

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
and thanks 4 proving my point with the power to wieght ratio thing and i mentioned the seats and stuff 2 lure u n jst like they would on the street so he could smoke u

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
oh p.s no kit sleeper status jst a big muffler 2 reduce back pressure recaro buckets and a tach cause his car didnt have 1
actually the mods are a 94 prelude motor .....
i love how the story changes. pure ricer! what next? a mack turbo? 10000rpm?
and i see you failed basic math. a 9:1 power to weight ratio means there's 9lbs per HP, so the 8.75:1 has less weight per HP and would be faster. and that's a mildly built engine that will last a long time, and not have to be at 6k to make any power. a built engine would have more like 500 or 600hp so 3500/550 brings it down to 6.36. to achieve that you need 314hp. that's more than 2hp/ci!

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
flrshftnss said:
actually the mods are a 94 prelude motor cams ported head v tec controller fuel rail injectors lsd iono theres more parts bolt ons like race fab headers straight pipe and sum other stuff not done to it not my car but like the guy said there are tuner and ricers theres a diff and that ratio isnt much apart like i said 12.5 1/4 speaks 4 its self wen the car runs like 18 or so stock and 80 hp learn sum of those guys will smoke that *ss

Are you 12? Learn to use punctuation. :roll:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
flrshftnss said:
and thanks 4 proving my point with the power to wieght ratio thing and i mentioned the seats and stuff 2 lure u n jst like they would on the street so he could smoke u

but your missing something rather important in your equation....torque

and I have a friend who love those built up front wheel things.....he owns a transmission shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor