thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
and I have a friend who love those built up front wheel things.....he owns a transmission shop

:rofl: :rofl:

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
Punctuation for Doober : U have the numbers mixed, I'm 21. I dont find it neccesary 2 use grammar 2 get my point across. u got my point regardless. Wich is the little bastards can be fast.Yes they usually put out less tq then hp, but 12.5 and climbing is a fast car. The biased v8 drivers that doubt them typically cant run their cars like that constantly the high rpm is because the car is capable, and it rises most significantly about 48 or so, red line is at 9 .The reason they love them is because, they are efficent, a well balance of low and high end power, with decent handling to top it of. So like i said every car has its place, and deserves respect. I agree that some are worth a laugh or two.I live in CA so trust me there are alot, and for every 3 funny cars i see theres a fast 1 right behind it.

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
oh and megladon check the cars stats stock its a 1.5 single cam rated at like 70 hp or something

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
3500 yea that would be if ur car has gone through some type of weight reduction which my buddys car has 1800 my elcamino is about 39 and 400 horses in an auto isnt as easy to grip as 200 n a 5spd

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
actually my car is 33xx from the factory and i weigh about 180. and it's not a drag car, thus the low 400hp number. but it will run at 5k all day. if i built it for top end and high revs it'd be well over 500. and the rule of thumb for auto vs stick is only a 2/10 loss but you have better launch times due to torque multiplication
flrshftnss said:
oh and megladon check the cars stats stock its a 1.5 single cam rated at like 70 hp or something
and you said it has no more than a muffler that brought it to 220hp
you haven't realized that that's the problem. ricers like you come out with outlandish claims and bullshit stories with no real knowledge of how things work. and you come off half retarded with the lack of spelling, piss poor spelling and stupid texting abbreviations. what, does the full keyboard intimidate you or something? though i will say that your last few posts have gotten better.
tuners we don't mind. tuners are hot rodders with imports. your friend might be a tuner, you're a ricer.
oh, and using 1800lbs/220hp brings the weight ratio to 8.2, which according to you isn't much. and i'd only need 27hp to equal it.

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
Im far from a ricer. i am just an auto enthusiast of all sort. I stated mods like a 2.2, was ur first hint. I drive an elcamino ss, no mods to the motor as of yet. Drive train has a few though, im putting in a 200r4 with a shift kit, and an aluminum drive shaft this week end. Done by me and a friend

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well i kinda think of my self as, not a ricer, but a pork and beaner. hear me out... i have a saturn sl1 that makes a WHOPPING 85 hp. its 1.9L sohc tbi 4 banger and there are no mods that are made by anyone for my car becides body kits and suspention parts. ive drawn up plans on how i could make a cai for it and have thought about getting some junkyard heads and porting them myself to get like 90-95 hp out of it. its an auto 3 speed w/overdrive. i got 15x8 chrome rims on it and no muffler. i had a cheerybomb sticking out 6" from the rear bumper and it fell of after a year. so i just got a piece of pipe and a resonater chrome tip. its loud, and annoying and i could care less what others think about it. its got stickers on it and i shortened my shifter, even tho its automatic. i had some seatcovers and strobe lights on it and in it. i put in a amp and sub and aftermarket speakers. ive had the car since i was 21 and now being 28 and still haveing, i still would like to make it faster but with out doing a dohc swap. i like the car because its really light, it weighs less than a mazda miata, and less hp than most harleys. i wanna get thos stick on fender vents and actually cut open the "vents" and mold it to the front fender. yeah, its a stupid thing to do, but its my car go f#@k yerself. :lol: i wanna get a body kit that it doesnt need and put fire breather exhaust on it and all sorts of bs that it doesnt need but i just like working on the damn thing. im going to use it as a practise car for painting so i can lear from my mistakes. im actually thinking of painting my elky with truck bed liner. like i said, it my car go f@#k yerself. if i offended asnyone here, well ya need to remove yer tampon and go grab a cold one.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I mentioned earlier about how a friend of mine who owns a transmission shop really appreciates the rice burners that love to play with their engines to increase hp since there is nothing on the market to beef up the transmissions so he gets about 2-3 each week for a rebuild. With a G body we have an almost unlimited avenue to stronger transmission that will handle any power you want. Even with standards I have a T5 WC that has a few issues and I'm thinking I might as well upgrade to a T56 which will easily handle just about as much power and torque as I want to throw at it. A car's drivetrain is only as strong as it's weakest link so I think it's senseless to increase an engines power when it's hooked up to a transmission that was not made to handle the power. It's inevitably doomed

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
beermonkey; at least you KNOW the mods are worthless. hell my DD is a 90hp 97 jetta diesel that i put 17's on, a rear spoiler (stock vw), upgraded the injectors, boost gauge, euro headlights, oil pressure gauge, and lowering springs. now i've got a massive 110hp (maybe) and 120mph top speed. of course it's a german beer burner, not a ricer. :)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
beer burner? man that's alcohol abuse.... it's a kraut burner!!! :lol:

beermonkey: you are definately not a ricer... you do it because you want to, not because you think getting fresh air through the stick on vents will net you 25 more horsepower... ricers in my area think just because the install something lighter, it'll raise the horsepower :roll: ... morons, all of them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor