thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
yeah, that makes ricer sense. but what about the rears?

Tail_Lights_Fade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
Downers Grove, Illinois
jrm81bu said:
megaladon6 said:
what the hell IS the point of the low-pro rears with stock fronts? i never did get that.

That's for their front "slicks". 8)

Sometimes I get the feeling that guys like that couldn't afford all four wheels so they just got two instead. Kind of like when you see someone driving with a poorly fitted, unpainted body kit. Rather than wait until they could afford to have a body shop fit and paint the car, they just bolt the pieces on and start driving.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Tail_Lights_Fade said:
jrm81bu said:
megaladon6 said:
what the hell IS the point of the low-pro rears with stock fronts? i never did get that.

That's for their front "slicks". 8)

Sometimes I get the feeling that guys like that couldn't afford all four wheels so they just got two instead. Kind of like when you see someone driving with a poorly fitted, unpainted body kit. Rather than wait until they could afford to have a body shop fit and paint the car, they just bolt the pieces on and start driving.

Lol, ya that was my next guess.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
From what I've seen over the years, the kids buy four wheels, and the fronts end up being improperly sized and they rub.

Then they throw the stock ones back on the front, and rock their sweet rims on the back... :roll:

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
I actually beat a ricer without knowing i was even racing.

I was in my 96 Cadillac STS and driving down the highway. When i pulled off at a gas station some kind of eye hurting ricer pulled up next to me talking about how fast my car was. I had no ideal what he was talking about and then he said he almost beat me. I asked him when did i race him and he was like when you passed me a few miles back and i almost caught you a couple of times. I just laughed and told him that i had the cruise set at soon as i got on the highway and i never even noticed him.

I wouldn't have wasted the gas trying to race a ricer with my STS

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
I had a kid the other day in trashy civic hatch w/ green spray painted wheels tell my my Cutlass was a peice of sh*t... Actually he asked while my window was down, "what's that peice of sh*t got in it?"... Funny part is I've got 68K on the clock, no rust, and I'd just washed it, so the ol' girl was nice and shiney white.... I Just laughed, stuck the pedal to the floor and lit the rear tires up with out much effort... Who woulda known a little 260 Olds could break a meaty set of tires loose? (of course the snow melt could have been helpin' me out some......) It was enough for him to shut up...

The ricers kids are sh*t heads... But I respect the guys who really get into the imports, I'd kill for a 280z or a first or second gen Supra...

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I see a lot of 300ZXs around here, and I think they're nice lookin' cars... but the only people I've seen driving them are guys with gray or white hair :wtf:

dknox

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2010
i own a 1979 cutlass(350 rocket) a 1995 caprice cop car (lt1 350) a pos 1997 crown vic cop car (4.6)1990 s 10 with a ls1 and a 6 speed! last year i bought a 1992 honda civic lx 1.6 with a fart can and the super spoiler for 500 bucks 5 of my buddys all pitched in for the car we put a nx kit on it and tryed 2 blow it up for a week we would pull the e brake and punch it would sound like me in the bathroom after a night of chili and beer they are all pos if u want to be a ricer go 2 japan my brother killed it jumpin train tracks doing like 50 mph funnyest thing i ever saw p s theres nothing like the sound of a v8 :rofl:

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
some ricers do know what they're talkin about. my friend used to have an 89 civic which i thought was crap. turns out he'd rebuilt the motor completely. when he found out i had a gbody he didn't offer to race or call it a piece of sh*t. he's also built a 350 before. don't let the honda fool you, i think its the kids who respect your car or ask nicely what you've got under the hood usually know what they're talkin about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor