What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much work is invloved in doing gauges like this?
its not to bad but alot of wires. the speedo has a sensor that replaces the cable, the temp comes with a new sensor. they come with instruction. it took awhie but i am not much of electrician lol. this is the wiring mess i had to deal with. i made a label for every wire.
13619853_10206071910706421_943627261626593314_n.jpg

Reactions: Injectedcutty
rebuilt front end of my red calais. 4 new ball joints, 4 new tie rods, adjusting sleeves, and idler arm. upgraded front sway bar to 32mm
with urethane hardware. also swapped out my variable steering gear to an iroc unit i got off craigslist. set the alignment and installed 16" trans am rims. boy what a difference. during replacement of the lower ball joints, i grabbed one of the lower joints and found it would move left to right really easily, but would bind in all other directions. that would explain the wondering feeling i felt when driving. its what the industry calls
memory steer. the joints weren't loose, they were binding.

Drove my GP home after spending the weekend dog sitting at my son and his wife's new place, 4 acres out in the county and a nice slat water pool and a barn where my GP will be for the winter. My GP is running great and the drive home was perfect...🙂
Did you ever find out what happened to your other T5?

I didn't do anything as cool any of u but I did put in a new fuel sending unit, all new rubber fuel lines and got he new tires on so I guess that's better than nothing.

I got sidelined enjoying my GP but I plan to open it up next week...
That's understandable. Plenty of time for projects like that over the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor