What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Last night, finally rebuilt my quadrajet (took it a part over a year ago :oops: ), got rid of the edelbrock/carter pos, quad bolted up, linkage hook up, did a test fire, put the air cleaner on, finished rough tuning, and went to shut the hood......sh*t....It doesn't fit under the hood anymore :rofl: . Lucky me I had a short paper element that I was able to use on my testdrive, lol. So today, is find a drop base air cleaner, and hope for dry pavement road test :lol: .

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
couple days ago changed the spark plugs, rotor, cap, and wires and pcv valve.. Nothing else really to do :(

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
yesterday i put a second coat of paint on the block, and painted all the brackets.

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
i look at mine and brought two more.a 87'monte ss and a 86'ss parts car.

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
Took the top of the carb off and readjusted the float and used the new little tool i got and adjusted the M/C solenoid and airbleed...... Car now runs better than it has in years... Still not back to 100% yet, but making progress.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ordered a new windshield and rubber surround...I found and ordered the proper pinion thrust washers for the 8.2 posi..

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
i need to dedo my manual brake set up

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Put my hood back on, header, installed the radiator cover and shroud. Wired up the alternator and battery. Ordered a shifter for the 200-4r swap and let the car down off the stands to check the stance.....looking pretty good. All I need to do now is to get my trans and driveshaft in, throw on some duals, and figure out how to make a bracket for my tv cable so it will fit with the 2bbl carb set up.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
today i jacked up the rear to figure out what gears i had, just some granny 2.somethings :rofl: now i have an excuse to spend more money on my car 8)

-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor